FT Job - Long Beach CA - Downtown Long Beach Associates - Economic Development Manager
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 11/05/2005 12:20 PM -----
POSITION TITLE: Economic Development Manager
REPORTS TO: President and CEO
This position is responsible for helping implement programs to retain and
attract business to downtown Long Beach through retail, development and
adaptive re-use, and office tenant recruitment and retention strategies.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
· Primary responsibility will be assisting in the development and
implementation of the Downtown office tenant and retail retention programs.
· Supports the Downtown office tenant and retail recruitment
· Acts as a resource and ombudsman for the Downtown Long Beach
business and brokerage community.
· Coordinates efforts to develop and update market data including
office, retail residential, and visitor market data, infrastructure,
workforce and transportation information.
· Assists in the development and implementation of an “early warning”
and response system for potential business and retail departures.
· Assists in the development, maintenance, and utilization of
computer and other database programs.
· Supports efforts to facilitate occupancies of prospective office
and retail tenants in the Downtown area including acting as liaison with
brokers and property owner prospects.
· Assists developers in due diligence through presentation of market
data and research, and facilitation through City Hall during the development
· Implements and assists in the coordination of special projects,
programs, or other activities as directed.
· Assists in the production of brochures, inserts, website, maps, and
other materials for the DLBA.
· Assists in the implementation of target industry strategies for
office and retail retention and recruitment.
· Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in business, real estate, or related field. Previous
experience in economic development and/or real estate preferred. Excellent
verbal and written communication skills required. Experience in multiple
project management is desired.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Commensurate with experience; full medical, dental and vision benefits.
Employer contribution to 401-k.
Downtown Long Beach is a culturally diverse environment. The DLBA is
committed to complying with State and Federal laws which include Fair
Employment Practice laws, which provide equal opportunity in employment to
all persons regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion,
veteran status, or disability.
The DLBA is a non-profit, tenant and property based business improvement
district, which is dedicated to the management, marketing, advocacy,
economic and community development of the assessment district in cooperation
with the City of Long Beach and the private sector.
G:\KRAIGK\Job Descriptions\DLBA Econ. Development Mgr..doc October 2005