FT Job - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Managing Consultant
- View Source
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 10/11/2005 12:25 PM -----
Seifel Consulting, Inc.
Managing Consultant Opportunity
Seifel Consulting Inc. (SCI) is a San Francisco-based corporation that was
formed in 1990 to provide
strategic real estate and urban economic advisory services. SCI advises on a
variety of development types,
including mixed-use, residential, retail, office, industrial, infill,
adaptive reuse, former military bases,
waterfronts and brownfields. For more information, please visit our website
SCI is pleased to announce an opening for a full-time Managing Consultant.
SCI is looking for a motivated team player with a good sense of humor that thrives on diversity in
assignments and intellectual challenge.
The Managing Consultant serves as the Project Manager for multiple
consulting assignments; participates
in cultivating the firm's vision, goals, and strategy; manages staff;
oversees project budgets; and
implements business procedures.
The Managing Consultant will advise on:
* Real estate financial analysis (including pro forma cash flows)
* Market research and analysis
* Redevelopment planning and implementation
* Affordable housing policy, implementation and predevelopment analyses
* Fiscal and economic impact studies
We seek an individual who has the following skills, expertise, and
* Significant experience and understanding in planning, redevelopment,
housing, real estate and
* Solid understanding of financing concepts, principles and methodologies,
including cash flow
modeling and experience developing complex spreadsheet models.
* Ability to apply financial concepts such as present value, develop
elaborate spreadsheet models and
communicate results from complex analyses in a down to earth manner.
* Experience in managing consulting contracts and staff to deliver services
on time and on budget.
* Excellent writing skills, including preparing comprehensive reports and
* Experience working with the public sector and ability to communicate
effectively with a variety of
federal, state and local government officials, private firms and community
organizations, as well as
* Experience directly supervising 2 to 4 employees on a project basis.
* Networking and assisting with marketing, business development, and
* Skilled at developing and maintaining excellent client relations and
maintaining primary day to day
contact with clients.
* Flexibility, initiative, and attention to details.
* Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word in Mac
OS X and PC platforms.
(Knowledge of database programs, graphics software, and GIS is desirable.)
* At least 7 years work and/or educational experience in real estate,
redevelopment, and/or urban
planning; Graduate degree in real estate, economics, business, urban
planning or public policy
preferred. Related professional experience may be substituted for graduate
* Strong interest and background in California's political and economic
Salary determined by experience and ability. Competitive Benefits. We are an
equal opportunity employer.
We treat our employees with respect and encourage them to grow in their
abilities and responsibilities.
Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to the following address and via Email to:
Seifel Consulting Inc.
Attn: Monica Davis
221 Main Street, Suite 420
San Francisco, CA 94105
Subject: Managing Consultant