FT Job - San Francisco - Seifel Consulting - Managing Consultant

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 11, 2005

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 10/11/2005 12:25 PM -----

      Seifel Consulting, Inc.
      Managing Consultant Opportunity
      Fall 2005

      Seifel Consulting Inc. (SCI) is a San Francisco-based corporation that was
      formed in 1990 to provide
      strategic real estate and urban economic advisory services. SCI advises on a
      variety of development types,
      including mixed-use, residential, retail, office, industrial, infill,
      adaptive reuse, former military bases,
      waterfronts and brownfields. For more information, please visit our website
      at www.seifel.com

      SCI is pleased to announce an opening for a full-time Managing Consultant.
      SCI is looking for a motivated team player with a good sense of humor that thrives on diversity in
      assignments and intellectual challenge.
      The Managing Consultant serves as the Project Manager for multiple
      consulting assignments; participates
      in cultivating the firm's vision, goals, and strategy; manages staff;
      oversees project budgets; and
      implements business procedures.

      The Managing Consultant will advise on:
      * Real estate financial analysis (including pro forma cash flows)
      * Market research and analysis
      * Redevelopment planning and implementation
      * Affordable housing policy, implementation and predevelopment analyses
      * Fiscal and economic impact studies

      We seek an individual who has the following skills, expertise, and
      qualities:
      * Significant experience and understanding in planning, redevelopment,
      housing, real estate and
      economic analysis.
      * Solid understanding of financing concepts, principles and methodologies,
      including cash flow
      modeling and experience developing complex spreadsheet models.
      * Ability to apply financial concepts such as present value, develop
      elaborate spreadsheet models and
      communicate results from complex analyses in a down to earth manner.
      * Experience in managing consulting contracts and staff to deliver services
      on time and on budget.
      * Excellent writing skills, including preparing comprehensive reports and
      correspondence.
      * Experience working with the public sector and ability to communicate
      effectively with a variety of
      federal, state and local government officials, private firms and community
      organizations, as well as
      professional colleagues.
      * Experience directly supervising 2 to 4 employees on a project basis.
      * Networking and assisting with marketing, business development, and
      presentations.
      * Skilled at developing and maintaining excellent client relations and
      maintaining primary day to day
      contact with clients.
      * Flexibility, initiative, and attention to details.
      * Excellent computer skills, including proficiency in Excel and Word in Mac
      OS X and PC platforms.
      (Knowledge of database programs, graphics software, and GIS is desirable.)
      * At least 7 years work and/or educational experience in real estate,
      redevelopment, and/or urban
      planning; Graduate degree in real estate, economics, business, urban
      planning or public policy
      preferred. Related professional experience may be substituted for graduate
      degree.
      * Strong interest and background in California's political and economic
      environment.

      Salary determined by experience and ability. Competitive Benefits. We are an
      equal opportunity employer.

      We treat our employees with respect and encourage them to grow in their
      abilities and responsibilities.
      Minority and women candidates are encouraged to apply.

      Send Cover Letter and Resume to the following address and via Email to:
      Seifel Consulting Inc.
      Attn: Monica Davis
      221 Main Street, Suite 420
      San Francisco, CA 94105