- CLASS 5381 - STUDENT DESIGN TRAINEE II, PLANNING Filing Deadline : October 13, 2005 Date Issued: __/__/__ Salary : $20.6500/hrMessage 1 of 1 , Oct 7, 2005View Source
CLASS 5381 - STUDENT DESIGN TRAINEE II, PLANNING
Filing Deadline : October 13, 2005 Date Issued: __/__/__
Salary : $20.6500/hr Appointment Type: Temporary Exempt
(1040 work hours maximum)
The Municipal Transportation Agency (MTA) is seeking for a student intern to assist the Service Planning Department in some interesting projects, such as :
· Transit Preferential Streets and Intelligent Transportation solutions
· Transit delay studies (their magnitude and causes) on major corridors
· Development and Implementation of transit stop and route changes
· Community Relations – investigating and following up on requests
· Interdepartmental and interagency cooperation on transportation issues
Note: Work hours are flexible based on your class schedule, however, we would like our intern to be available to work 15-20 hours per week, with the possibility of more hours during the summer (up to a maximum of 1040 work hours).
Completion of at least one year in an accredited Urban & Regional Planning, Urban Studies, Geography, Transportation Engineering program or any related field of study. Applicant must have continuing student status to be eligible for employment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit a cover letter (limited to one page) briefly addressing your interest, a student design trainee employment application (attached), a current resume, and a copy of your college transcripts to :
Steve Patrinick, Transit Planner
MTA Service Planning
1 South Van Ness Avenue, 3rd Flr
San Francisco, CA 94103
fax: 415-701-4372 phone: (415)701-4376
All required information must be submitted no later than 10/13/05. Failure to submit copy of college transcripts with cover letter, resume, and application may result in disqualification.
Qualified applicants who are selected for interview will be notified of the exact date, time, and place of the interview. Qualified applicants with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation for the interview must call (415) 701-4404.
MINORITIES, WOMEN, AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER