FT Job - San Francisco, CA - Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp - General Manager
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 10/03/2005 05:06 PM -----
Job Title: General Manager
Organization: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp
Location: San Francisco
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits
Under the direct supervision of the Property Supervisor, the General Manager
II is responsible for the overall operation of a residential single resident
occupancy property, housing extremely and very low-income tenants, including
formerly homeless adults and seniors. Oversees the day-to-day operations of
property, including staff supervision, building maintenance, and tenant
relations. The position is full-time (40 hours per
1. Directly supervises staff, including hiring, performance, reviews,
training, and disciplining and terminating, if necessary.
2. Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere in the building for
3. Responsible for implementing, designing and maintaining a resident
4. Complies with external regulations and internal standards regarding
income certification and other documentation.
5. Performs annual income re-certifications and issues rent increase
6. Coordinates with Occupancy Department on rental of vacant units to
qualified applicants. Interviews prospective applicants and maintains
7. Maintains a record of financial transactions with tenants on rent roll,
monitors rent collection and receivables.
8. Enforces rental agreements, rules and policies, with particular attention
to guest policies and security issues.
9. Monitors financial condition of building, including expenditures and
participates in planning the building budget.
10. Maintains files, records, rental agreements, and other documents and
11. Requests purchase of supplies and equipment.
12. Conducts regular inspections of buildings and grounds to assure proper
sanitation, maintenance and compliance with agency
13. Meets regularly with building team to plan work schedules, develops
14. Participates in training as required.
15. Submits weekly and monthly required reports.
16. Understands facility emergency plan.
17. Responds to building emergencies and resident crises, including after
business hours, as needed.
18. Other duties as assigned.
• Ability, willingness, and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income
• Sound judgment, excellent assessment, problem solving, and supervision
• Effective writing, communication, time management and organizational
• Ability to work tactfully under pressure; cope with stress.
• Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations; possess an even
temperament and strong “people” skills with a commitment to customer
• 2 years of residential property management experience, preferably in a
low-income setting, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with conflict resolution, crisis intervention and resident
• Knowledge of substance abuse and homelessness issues.
• Knowledge of residential property management and building systems.
• Bi-lingual / bi-literate in Chinese or Spanish.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to Director of Human Resources, TNDC, 201
Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA 94102. Fax to (415) 775-3952 or email
jobs@.... Please list where you saw this advertised. Position open
Founded in 1981, the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC)
houses 3,000 San Franciscans — primarily people who earn $5,000 to $25,000 a
year—in 20 buildings with 1,600 apartments and hotel rooms. TNDC’s mission
is to make the Tenderloin neighborhood a better place to live for low-income
people by providing safe, service-enriched affordable housing and
cooperating in community improvement and development efforts.
Organization Web Site: www.tndc.org