Salamanca Speakers Spotlight: Ray Oldenburg

    Message 1 of 2 , May 13 1:13 PM
      SALMANCA SPEAKERS SPOTLIGHT PRESENTS:

      Ray Oldenburg, Author
      Wednesday, May 15th, 2002, 5:30 pm at Saint James Park
      Free Admission

      Ray Oldenburg has struck a cord with many across the nation. His book "The Great Good Place", talks about the importance of public spaces where people can gather, put aside their concerns of home and work (their first and second places), and hang out simply for the pleasures of good company and lively conversation. They are the heart of a community's social vitality and the grassroots of a democracy. Oldenburg portrays, probes and promotes these great good places; coffehouses, cafes, bookstores, hair salons, bars, bistros and many others both past and present and offers a vision for their revitalization.
      Eloquent and visionary, Ray Oldenburg's compelling argument for these settings of informal public life as essential for the healt of both our communities and ourselves.

    • Jasmin Aber
      Message 2 of 2 , May 13 2:46 PM
        Hello Dayana
        I am leaving shortly. If you need help with
        transporting from your department please call me on my
        cell before I get there

        xx Jasmin

        --- Dayana Salazar <salmar@...> wrote:
        > SALMANCA SPEAKERS SPOTLIGHT PRESENTS:
        >
        > Ray Oldenburg, Author
        > Wednesday, May 15th, 2002, 5:30 pm at Saint James
        > Park
        > Free Admission
        >

        > Ray Oldenburg has struck a cord with many across the
        > nation. His book
        > "The Great Good Place", talks about the importance
        > of public spaces
        > where people can gather, put aside their concerns of
        > home and work
        > (their first and second places), and hang out simply
        > for the pleasures
        > of good company and lively conversation. They are
        > the heart of a
        > community's social vitality and the grassroots of a
        > democracy. Oldenburg
        > portrays, probes and promotes these great good
        > places; coffehouses,
        > cafes, bookstores, hair salons, bars, bistros and
        > many others both past
        > and present and offers a vision for their
        > revitalization.
        > Eloquent and visionary, Ray Oldenburg's compelling
        > argument for these
        > settings of informal public life as essential for
        > the healt of both our
        > communities and ourselves.

        =====
        Jasmin Aber
        Visiting Scholar
        University of California at Berkeley
        Department of City and Regional Planning
        Institute of Urban and Regional Development
        Room 104 Wheeler Hall #1870
        Berkeley, CA 94720-1870

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com