RE: [SJSU_MURPs] Interested in Bay Area transportation planning? Join BATN!

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005
      In addition to (or instead of) BATN, MTC has a "library" that emails daily ,
      in a digest version, of articles related to transportation (and then some).
      I'll send some info on 'how to subscribe' - does anyone have the
      instructions (its been so long since I've been getting it...). Unlike BATN,
      the MTC Library sends links only - sometimes a pain in the.... For e.g,
      I've not been able to access this particular WSJ article....does anyone have
      a subscription?

      HEADLINES FOR SEPTEMBER 6, 2005

      Rising Gas Prices May Force States To Suspend Tax
      http://online.wsj.com/article/0,,SB112596989840632340,00.html?mod=todays_us_page_one

      Finally, SJSU MURPS subscribers should also recognize that the option that
      Dr. Weinstein suggests for BATN - the "digest version", can also be applied
      here, to this listserv ----if you want only 1 email instead of individual

      click on "members", find your email address, and change your Email Delivery
      to digest...or the other options listed....

      Now, does anyone have that WSJ subscription????

      Irvin Dawid

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 7, 2005

        If you are interested in the MTC library's daily transportation news digest, you can either subscribe to their e-mailing list as Irvin described or you can find identical content by visiting the following MTC web page:

        http://www.mtc.ca.gov/news/headlines.htm

        UC Berkeley's Institute of Transportation Studies has something similar at the following address (although it seems not to have been updated in the past week and a half):

        http://www.its.berkeley.edu/news/MediaArticles.html

        But BATN is a very good choice if you want to read just one digest (the moderator is quite opinionated, by the way):

        Michael