Fw: Driving Down the Cost of LEED

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2005

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 08/15/2005 09:35 AM -----

      The City of San Jose's Green Building Program and the Northern California
      Chapter of the U.S. Green Building Council are pleased to host Get to
      Green-Driving Down the Cost of LEED presented by Paladino and Company.

      This workshop is for facility managers, property managers, architects,
      designers, engineers, developers or anyone else involved in the design,
      construction or operations of buildings

      Workshop Topics
      To provide building industry professionals with the skills, tools and
      knowledge they need to successfully deliver LEED certified projects that
      meet their economic and environmental project goals, the workshop explains:

      *

                      Reducing the Cost of Ownership: Assessing green building value and
      benefits, effective life cycle cost analysis, and cost shifting within
      established budgets

      *                 Maximizing Value with LEED: Analysis of LEED projects' costs and
      strategies to date, benefit/cost ratios, and the LEED slam dunk scorecard

      *                 Case Studies: Real world examples of value-added design

      *

                      Interactive Exercises: Hands-on opportunities to test the methods
      presented in the workshop

      Date:Thursday, September 29, 2005

      Time:
      9:00 am - 5:00 pm (light breakfast & lunch)
      Registration starts at 8:30am

      Location:
      Hayes Mansion
      200 Edenvale Ave, San Jose, CA
      Cost:
      * $300 USGBC Members

      * $350 Non-Members

      After September 14th:
      * $350 USGBC Members

      * $400 Non-members

      For more information please click on the following link:

      <http://www.sanjoseca.gov/esd/natural-energy-resources/gb-leed-workshop.htm>
      http://www.sanjoseca.gov/esd/natural-energy-resources/gb-leed-workshop.htm

      Sponsorship opportunities are available. Please contact Michael Foster at
      michael.foster@... <mailto:michael.foster@...>  for more
      information

      Michael Foster, LEED AP
      City of San Jose
      Green Building Program
      ph:  (408) 975-2601
      fax: (408) 292-6213
      email:  michael.foster@... <mailto:michael.foster@...>
      website:  www.sanjoseca.gov/esd/ <http://www.sanjoseca.gov/esd/>

      Note:  New address
      City of San Jose
      200 E. Santa Clara St. 10th Floor
      San Jose, CA 95113

      'Our entire society rests upon- and is dependent upon-our water, our land,
      our forests, and our minerals. How we use these resources influences our
      health, security, economy, and well-being." John F. Kennedy