FT Job - San Francisco - EDAW, Inc. - Policy Planner

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 16, 2005

      (From http://www.planetizen.com/jobs/item.php?id=3949&rf=e)

      Policy Planner
      EDAW, Inc.

      11:30 am PDT, Jul 12

      The Planning Studio in EDAW’s San Francisco office is hiring a mid-level policy planner/project manager. The primary focus of this position is developing planning documents, including Specific Plans, Community Plans, Master Plans, Area Plans, Transit-Oriented Plans, and Neighborhood Plans. The ideal candidate for this position will have at least four (4) years of city planning experience, with an emphasis on local government planning, policy development and producing planning documents. The individual who fills this position will assist project managers with large scale planning projects, will be responsible for managing components of large scale projects, and will manage small to medium size planning projects. Experience with client interaction and public presentations is highly desirable. Our projects include plans for a wide range of local agencies, private sector clients including developers, and non-profit organizations.

      As a recognized leader in land based consulting, EDAW values individual talent and problem-solving skills. We advocate the collaborative exchange of ideas in order to develop the best solutions for our clients. Our employees are the engine that keeps the firm ahead of the competition. We offer a comprehensive benefits package as part of our commitment to recognizing people as EDAW's greatest asset. For more information on EDAW, please visit our website at www.edaw.com.

      Qualifications:
      Applicants Must Have: 1) Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in City Planning or related field, 2) Minimum of four (4) years of professional experience in city planning with strong writing skills, 3) Experience with client interaction and project management, and 4) Computer proficiency skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe InDesign).

      Contact:
      Please submit by e-mail or mail a cover letter and resume with “Applicant – Planner Position” in the subject line to:

      Adena Friedman
      friedmana@...
      EDAW, Inc.
      150 Chestnut Street