PT Position - Oakland CA - Urban Strategies Council - Hunters Point Shipyard Project
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/14/2005 01:09 PM -----
Job Title: Project Manager for Hunters Point Shipyard Project
Organization: Urban Strategies Council
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary: $40,000 - $50,000
Urban Strategies Council seeks an experienced Project Manager for its work on the Hunters Point
Shipyard Community Benefits Agreement. The project entails consulting with the Community Advisory
Committee and the SF Redevelopment Agency in preparing for implementation of the Hunters Point
Shipyard Community Benefits Agreement. Specifically, the project entails: 1) conducting a review
and synthesis of existing community assessments and plans for the HPSY neighborhoods; 2)
an inventory of services and service providers in the neighborhoods; 3) developing and
implementing a community engagement process; 4) developing proposals and plans for a quasi-public
entity to administer the community resources; and 5) developing a roadmap to guide initial
investments of the
quasi-public entity The project manager will oversee day-to-day project activities.
This position requires someone with a combination of training, skills and experience in project
management as well as substantive knowledge of community development and community building. The
project manager will be responsible for day-to-day project management and coordination. Primary
responsibility will include contract management, communications, scheduling, coordination of staff
and sub-contractors, compliance with requirements and reporting to the public agency; and related
matters. The Project Manager will report to the Project Director. Substantive knowledge of
development, redevelopment and community benefit agreements are highly desirable.
SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Schedule and actively participate in regular project management team meetings to provide general
coordination and management of the project.
• Provide active management of the project and the five major task areas.
• Manage and initiate communications for the project – meeting announcements, community
communications, report drafting, editing.
• Coordination and assignment of staff and sub-contractors
• Contract management and relations with sub-contractors and consultants
• Meet with staff and representatives of public entities to obtain materials, information on
public processes and to schedule and meet project benchmarks and milestones.
• Meet with community stakeholders to gather information and feedback, present reports and provide
• Other duties as assigned
• Masters in Urban Planning, Public Policy or related field preferred. Three years of experience
can be substituted for Masters degree
• 1-3 years project management work experience
• Familiarity with Microsoft office suite including Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel and Access;
familiarity with project management software a plus
• Data analysis, interpretation, report preparation and presentation
• Excellent written and oral communications
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in the areas of community building, community development,
education, economic development, organizational development, community organizing
or related fields.
• Experience working with diverse communities and a demonstrated commitment to social justice
POSITION TIME REQUIREMENTS
• This is a part-time, temporary position at 50% FTE.
• Expected start date: August 1, 2005
$ 40,000-50,000 annually, depending on qualifications and experience.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume in Word format via email to AdminDir@.... Put the
words "Project Manager HPSY" in the subject line. NO TELEPHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.
Organization Web Site: www.urbanstrategies.org