FT Position - Oakland CA - MVE - Urban and Architectural Designer

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2005

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/14/2005 10:02 AM -----

      Urban and Architectural Designer
      Oakland, CA

      MacLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc (MVE) is hiring urban designers with architectural
      backgrounds (3 to 5 years experience) to join our Oakland office.

      MVE's urban design work includes large, mixed-use master plans for revitalizing urban communities
      with a strong emphasis on urban infill and transit villages.  MVE realizes its projects through
      cooperative and interactive efforts with the developer, city staff and agencies, and community
      stakeholders.  Our Bay Area projects have become some of the most referenced built examples of
      Smart Growth in the industry, and have resulted in tremendous physical, social, and economic
      improvements to their surrounding communities.

      The position requires a creative individual preferably with a master's degree in Architecture or
      Urban Design.  The ability to understand and creatively resolve urban design issues with a strong
      focus in architectural design is necessary.  Presentation skills should include freehand sketching
      and computer graphics, including all Adobe software, Quark Express and AutoCAD.  Candidates must
      work well within a team and individually in an interactive studio environment.

      MVE’s office is adjacent to the City Center BART Station in downtown Oakland.  Along with a
      competitive salary (DOE) and benefits package, MVE offers Commuter Checks to employees, as well as
      a generous supplement to membership at Club One Fitness.  Our Oakland office is growing fast and
      we are excited to bring fresh professionals to our team.

      To Apply:
      Do not reply to our website.  Send e-mail with “Urban/Architectural Designer Position” in the
      subject line to the  contact below.

      Include contact information and phone number.  Up to 4 work examples may be submitted.  Attachment
      size to be no larger than 2.5 MB.  If you do not have access to email, hard copies may be mailed
      to the following address and to the attention of Martha Castaneda.

      No phone calls please.

      Company:
      MVE Architects
      350 Frank Ogawa Plaza, Ste. 100