FT Job - SF Housing Action Coalition - Executive Director
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/14/2005 12:10 AM -----
SAN FRANCISCO HOUSING ACTION COALITION
Seeking Coalition Executive Director
The San Francisco Housing Action Coalition exists to advocate for the creation of well-designed,
well-located housing that meets the needs of present and future residents of San Francisco. We
believe the supply of both market-rate and affordable housing must be increased in the city. A
strong, growing and diverse coalition, currently of 50 groups – including affordable and
market-rate housing developers and advocates, neighborhood, environmental, business, planning,
economic development, and social justice groups – we are united by a shared interest in solving
San Francisco’s housing crisis. Our strategies include public education, policy changes, and
supporting appropriate housing developments. In addition to the Executive Director, we currently
have a half-time Project Coordinator and an annual budget of $109,000.
The Executive Director is responsible for:
· Advocacy for policies, plans, and new housing at all income levels.
· Research and policy development.
· Public education and community outreach.
· Fundraising, including foundations, sponsorships, and membership dues.
· Staffing and facilitating the Monthly Membership Meeting, Executive Committee, and working
committees: currently Regulatory, Outreach, Endorsements, and Affordability.
· Organizational member recruitment, maintaining a balance of at least 51% of member organizations
with no financial stake in development.
· Encouragement and maintenance of substantive participation of member delegates.
· Office and staff management.
· Volunteer coordination.
· Event coordination.
· Other aspects of organizational development, including strategic planning, financial management,
leadership training, and publicity.
· Partnering with organizations that share our mission and/or positions in San Francisco and in
the Bay Area.
We are seeking a professional with substantial experience in coalition-building, political and
community organizing, and/or public affairs and advocacy. The Executive Director must be a
diplomat – someone comfortable navigating between diverse interests and facilitating consensus.
The Executive Director must faithfully represent the positions of the membership to the public.
Familiarity with San Francisco government structure and politics a plus. Experience in outreach
campaigns, policy development, and fundraising required.
Salary: $55,000 plus full benefits.
The Housing Action Coalition is fiscally sponsored by Greenbelt Alliance.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to: EDsearch@...