FT Job - Los Angeles - Christopher A. Joseph - Environmental Planner
Christopher A. Joseph & Associates
05:30 pm PDT, Jul 08
Christopher A. Joseph & Associates (CAJA), an environmental planning and research firm, is seeking a qualified, dependable, and self-motivated individual for our West Los Angeles office. CAJA specializes in the management and preparation of environmental documents in accordance with the CEQA and the NEPA. CAJA is a private consulting practice that has provided environmental planning services to public and private sector clients for over 17 years.
CAJA is currently seeking to fill an Environmental Planner position with a flexible, motivated, and goal-oriented professional with strong analysis and documentation skills. Excellent written skills, oral communication skills, and computer literacy are required. Professional experience in preparing CEQA and/or NEPA-based analyses is strongly desired. Primary responsibilities will include assisting Project Managers in the preparation of CEQA/NEPA documentation. Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited:
• Participate and provide leadership and guidance to staff in the preparation of environmental documents.
• Coordinate with agencies and project team members to discuss and review problems and issues of mutual concern.
• Lead and guide other Planners by setting priorities, reviewing progress of projects, and providing direction and technical assistance as needed.
• Analyze and interpret local, state and national laws for impacts on natural resources and environmental quality.
• Participate in hearings, conferences and seminars as needed.
• Attend pre-proposal meetings, and/or meet with agency or applicant representatives.
• Oversee and manage staff with specific proposal graphics, presentation, research, and/or production of proposal.
Required knowledge and skills may be demonstrated by a Bachelor’s degree or higher with coursework in a related field (i.e., Physical Geography, Planning or Environmental Sciences). The ideal candidate will be a multi-disciplinary and well-rounded individual with a strong work ethic and have 4 years of professional work experience in a related field. CAJA offers a superior, team oriented work environment with a generous compensation and benefits package. Please direct your letter of interest and resume of work experience and relevant coursework to Christopher A. Joseph & Associates, Attn: Shane Parker, via fax (310) 473-9336 or e-mail at shane@....
Contact: Shane Parker Email: shane@... Phone: (310) 473-1600 Fax: (310) 473-9336 Org.: Christopher A. Joseph & Associates Web: http://www.cajaeir.com Dept.: Address: 11849 W. Olympic Boulevard, Suite 101
Los Angeles, CA 90064