FT Position - San Francisco - Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp - Property Manager
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/10/2005 02:39 PM -----
Job Title: General Property Manager
Organization: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp
Location: San Francisco
Salary: DOE + Excellent Benefits
Under the direct supervision of the Property Supervisor, the General Manager II is responsible for
the overall operation of a TNDC owned building. This housing is provided for very low-income
tenants, including formerly homeless adults and seniors. The General Manager II oversees the
operations of property, including staff supervision, building maintenance, and tenant relations.
The GM II also has a primary responsibility to ensure compliance with tax credit regulations
regarding income certification and other documentation. The position is full-time (40 hours per
1. Directly supervises staff, including hiring, performance, reviews, training, and disciplining
and terminating, if necessary.
2. Creates and maintains a positive atmosphere in the building for residents.
3. Ensures compliance with tax credit regulations regarding income certification and other
4. Responsible for implementing, designing and maintaining a resident retention program.
5. Performs annual income re-certifications and issues rent increase notices
6. Coordinates with Occupancy Department on rental of vacant units to qualified applicants.
Interviews prospective applicants and maintains waiting list.
7. Maintains a record of financial transactions with tenants on Rent Roll, monitors rent
collection and receivables.
8. Enforces rental agreements, rules and policies, with particular attention to guest policies and
9. Monitors financial condition of building, including expenditures and participates in planning
the building budget.
10. Responds appropriately to building emergencies and resident crises. Understands emergency
11. Maintains files, records, rental agreements, and other documents and records.
12. Requests purchase of supplies and equipment.
13. Conducts regular inspections of buildings and grounds to assure proper sanitation and,
14. Meets regularly with building team to plan work schedules, develops performance plans.
15. Participate in training as required.
16. Submits weekly and monthly required reports.
17. Other duties as assigned.
• Tax Credit Manager certification
• Ability, willingness, and sensitivity to work with a diverse, low-income population.
• Sound judgment, excellent assessment, problem solving, and supervision skills.
• Effective writing, communication, time management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work tactfully under pressure; cope with stress.
• Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations; possess an even temperament and strong
“people” skills with a commitment to customer service.
• 2 years of residential property management experience, preferably in a low-income setting, or
• Experience with conflict resolution, crisis intervention and resident relations.
• Knowledge of substance abuse and homelessness issues.
• Lease-up experience
• Knowledge of residential property management and building systems.
• Bi-lingual / bi-literate in Chinese or Spanish.
How to Apply:
APPLICATION PROCESS: Submit cover letter and resume to Human Resources, TNDC, 201 Eddy Street, San
Francisco, CA 94102. Fax to (415) 775-3952 or email jobs@.... Please list where you saw
this advertised. Position open until filled.
ABOUT TNDC: Founded in 1981, the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corporation (TNDC) houses
3,000 San Franciscans — primarily people who earn $5,000 to $25,000 a year—in 20
buildings with 1,600 apartments and hotel rooms. TNDC’s mission is to make the Tenderloin
neighborhood a better place to live for low-income people by providing safe, service-enriched
affordable housing and cooperating in community improvement and development efforts.
TNDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Organization Web Site: www.tndc.org