FT Position - Alameda and West Contra Costa County CA - Field Rep to Assemblymember Loni Hancock
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 07/01/2005 04:25 PM -----
DISTRICT OFFICE OF
ASSEMBLYMEMBER LONI HANCOCK
POSITION AVAILABLE: Field Representative
BASIC FUNCTION: Acts within the 14th Assembly District as an official
representative and liaison of the Assemblymember in West Contra Costa and
· Acts as the Assemblymember's representative by responding to a
variety of constituent inquiries and problems and attending meetings of
local government and private interest groups.
· Communicates with the media on behalf of the Assemblymember.
· Serves as a liaison between the sections of the 14th Assembly
District (West Contra Costa and Alameda Counties) and the Assemblymember by
maintaining an awareness and involvement in local affairs and issues, and
reporting to the Assemblymember as appropriate.
· Coordinates office procedures, routine correspondence, telephone
inquiries, and special projects.
· Assists in the research, public discussion, and drafting of
legislation and amendments.
· Complies with Assembly policies and rules as outlined in the
Personnel Policy Manual.
· Does other related work as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE OF/ABILITY TO:
· Principles, functions, practices, and operations of the California
· District and State issues, current events, and relevant
· Basic journalism and media relations.
· Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with local
governments, private interest groups, and other general public.
· Communicate clearly and concisely verbally and in writing.
· Work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
· Work extended hours as necessary when legislative calendar and
· Work effectively in a professional office environment.
· Provide accurate and complete information in response to
constituent inquiries and problems.
· Access, input, and retrieve information from a computer.
TO APPLY: Please forward your resume and cover letter, including
salary requirements, to:
District Coordinator, Assemblywoman Loni Hancock
712 El Cerrito Plaza, El Cerrito, CA 94530
FAX (510) 559-1478
Position Open until Filled
Posting Date 6/17/05