FT Job - Berkeley CA - Design, Community & Environment - Planner/Environmental Planner

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 29, 2005

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/29/2005 11:47 AM -----

      Design, Community & Environment is an urban design and city planning
      firm in North Berkeley. With a staff of about 30, DC&E serves cities and
      counties throughout California.

      We are currently hiring for the following position: Planner/Environmental
      Planner.

      Planners are responsible for working in a collaborative environment with
      project managers and other staff members with all aspects of land use and
      environmental planning.  The most important skills required for the planner
      position are the ability to do basic research on planning issues, synthesize
      information, and write clearly and concisely.  Specific activities are
      likely to  include the following:

      ¨  Research on topics including past and present land uses; applicable
      local, regional, and state policies and regulations; infrastructure and
      services; and funding opportunities.

      ¨  Writing of planning related documents, such as existing conditions
      reports, sections of Environmental Impact Reports, General Plans and
      proposals

      ¨  Creating presentations for interviews and community meetings.

      ¨  Editing, layout and production of work products for client and public
      review.

      ¨  Assistance at community meetings including note-taking and facilitation
      of small group discussions.

      ¨  Site visits to investigate and report on existing conditions.

      ¨  Synthesis and presentation of information from existing documents and
      subconsultant reports

      ¨  Coordination with clients and subconsultants.

      We offer a competitive salary, generous benefits and a casual work
      environment. Please take a look at our website to find out more about the
      work we do.

      Please email your resume, your salary requirements and/or history and a
      writing sample as PDF attachments to steve@..., or fax to (510)
      848-4315 ext. 319.  DC&E is an equal opportunity employer.