Co-housing tours

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 22, 2002
      Cohousing friends,

      Ken Norwood has decided to retire from doing these cohousing tours and
      Karen Hester and I are taking them over for the rest of the year. In
      future years we hope that the tours will be sponsored by The (North
      American) Cohousing Network.

      Joani Blank

      Bus Tour of S.F. Bay Area Cohousing Communities
      Saturday, May 11th, 9:30-4:30
      $65 includes lunch

      Visit all six Bay Area Communities including:

      · Swan's Market Cohousing--downtown Oakland
      · Temescal Creek Cohousing--Oakland
      · Temescal Commons--Oakland
      · Pleasant Hill Cohousing--Pleasant Hill
      · Berkeley Cohousing
      · Doyle St--Emeryville

      Tour leaders are Joani Blank from Swan's Market Cohousing and Karen
      Hester
      from Temescal Creek Cohousing. Joani, who also lived at Doyle Street
      Cohousing for 8 years, is on the Board of The Cohousing Network and has
      visited (at last count) 37 cohousing communities. Karen leads workshops
      on
      retrofit cohousing and is a founding member of the only retrofit
      cohousing
      community in the Bay area.

      The tour will begin and end at Swan's Market Cohousing in downtown
      Oakland,
      readily accessible by BART and AC Transit.

      This is an excellent opportunity to meet others interested in both new
      and
      retrofit cohousing. Partial profits from this tour will go to The
      Cohousing
      Network. Karen and Joani will be leading a similar tour that will likely

      include visits to communities in Davis and Sacramento on Saturday,
      September
      7.

      For more information please email Joani (joani@...) or
      Karen (hesternet@...) or call Joani at 510-834-7399. To register:
      Send
      a check for $65 to: Karen Hester, 320 45th St, Oakland, CA 94609.