FT Position - San Jose CA - EHC LifeBuilders - Project Manager (affordable housing)
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/17/2005 08:03 AM -----
1. Project Manager, EHC LifeBuilders
EHC LifeBuilders is ending homelessness and improving communities by
providing housing and services that enable homeless children and adults to
attain stable housing. Our leadership is demonstrated by excellence in
providing services, the respect and dignity with which those services are
delivered, and the positive impact we have on the individuals, families and
communities we serve.
POSITION: Project Manager-Affordable Housing
SUPERVISOR: Director of Property Management
Directs and oversees all projects through the following development stages:
Provide assistance, as directed, on capital projects throughout the
development phases including, but not limited to:
· Conceptual Design: project identification, initial evaluation,
property identification, identification of potential project partners, and
consultation with EHC’s internal Project Advisory Team
· Feasibility (Internal and External): development of project
budgets and proformas, program requirements, facility design requirements;
assess capital funding and operating feasibility in conjunction with the
property management and resource development departments; and obtain local
government approvals (permits, conditional use permits, etc). Develop and
implement the plan for gaining community support for project.
· Project Execution: Meet fundraising and financing goals, provide
general oversight of contractors and consultants, implement local
governmental approvals, and complete project construction on time and within
· Develop and apply for new funding streams for capital project
development, including loans and grants.
· Assist with the following: attendance at City Council meetings,
preparation of reimbursement requests, review of bid packets, oversight of
the bid selection process, assistance with the recording of legal notices,
assistance with preparation of real estate documents, etc.
· Maintain relationships with nonprofit developers as a means for
creating opportunities for joint venture projects.
· Development and submission of funding packages.
· B.A. or B.S. from an accredited college or university (finance or
construction emphasis preferred)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Excellent organization skills
· Demonstrated computer experience including: Microsoft Word, Excel,
· Ability to work with individuals of diverse social backgrounds and
· Reliable transportation and ability to travel throughout Santa
· Good collaboration skills
· Understanding of and concern for the issue of homelessness
Learn more about the role, the details are listed below. The salary is
60-80K DOE, plus benefits. Interested parties should forward cover letter
and resume to bdelbuono@... and 408-539-2115. My contact
mgolden@... and 408-539-2116.
To learn more about EHC LifeBuilders visit us at www.ehclifebuilders.org.
Human Resources Manager