Planning job in NC

  • Susan Swift
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2005
      A friend just forwarded me this job announcment. Davidson is home of
      my alma mater, a gorgeous, well-planned small town (5,000?) just 20
      miles north of Charlotte. There are many exciting developments afoot
      there, including a new light-rail train along old right-of-ways.

      Urban Planner/Designer

      Town of Davidson, NC, winner of 2004 EPA award for Overall
      Excellence in Smart Growth, is looking for an urban planner with
      design and project management skills. Diverse position in
      progressive town of 8,000 will involve all aspects of planning
      including charrettes, plan review, design, project management,
      citizen involvement, and Board support. Candidate must be a self-
      starter with experience in and commitment to traditional town
      planning and growth management. Position requires excellent verbal
      and written communication skills, the ability to handle
      controversial issues, and conflict resolution skills. Successful
      candidate will be highly creative and demonstrate interdisciplinary
      skills. 3 to 5 years experience required. BA or MA in urban
      design, planning, landscape architecture, or related field
      preferred. Salary range $33,600 to $52,000. Send resume to: Dawn
      Blobaum, Assistant Town Manager, P.O. Box 579, Davidson, NC, 28036,
      or email to: dblobaum@.... Resumes accepted until
      June 24, 2005.