Part Time Position - SF Bicycle Coalition - Community Organizer
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/07/2005 06:37 PM -----
Job Title: Community Organizer
Organization: SF Bicycle Coalition
Location: San Francisco
Salary: Commensurate with experience
We are seeking a highly motivated, talented individual to join our growing
staff of professional bicycle advocates in the role of Community Organizer.
The SFBC’s Community Organizer will actively support the SFBC’s grassroots
organizing work, focusing on promoting the
Coalition’s top program goals and related community outreach.
This 20-hour-week position reports to the Program Director and works closely
with a team of bicycle advocates on staff and with Coalition volunteers.
The Community Organizer’s responsibilities include the following:
1) Organizing And Leading Member-Based Campaigns For New Bike Lanes And Bike
Improvements Throughout The City:
• Working with staff and volunteers to identify & strategize for top program
priorities, including Bike Network projects and other program goals defined
in the SFBC’s Strategic Plan;
• Recruiting, organizing, and lending support to SFBC members to support
• Recruiting, organizing, and lending support to non-SFBC members –
including neighbors, community groups, other advocacy groups, and other
stakeholders – to support SFBC campaigns;
• Political organizing for SFBC campaigns;
• Developing and making public presentations about SFBC campaigns, as
• Conducting research related to projects, as needed;
2) Conducting Community Outreach About Bicycling & SFBC Projects:
• Support Program Director in planning and promoting Bike Ed workshops;
• Work with Membership Director to coordinate and distribute membership
materials through program work;
• Support program needs during major events, such as Bike to Work Day, bike
races, outreach events, etc.;
• Support Program Director in planning and promoting community outreach
events related to SFBC goals, such as occasional bike safety events, new
bike lane celebration events, etc.
3) Support Program Director In General Media Promotion:
• Develop media plans for SFBC campaigns;
• Help develop & send press releases, as needed.
People of color and women are strongly encouraged to apply. Pay is
commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume and a letter of interest as soon as possible to
Leah Shahum, SFBC Executive Director, either via
email to jobs@...
pe=x> with the subject line: Community Organizer search, or via mail to 995
Market St Ste 1550, SF, CA
Organization Web Site: www.sfbike.org <http://www.sfbike.org/>