FT Position - Oakland CA - Urban Strategies Council - Program Associate
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 06/02/2005 05:51 PM -----
Job Title: Program Associate for Community Capacity Building and Field
Organization: Urban Strategies Council
Location: Oakland, CA
Salary: $35,000 - $45, 000
Urban Strategies Council seeks a Program Associate to work in its Community
Capacity Building Program. The Council’s Community Capacity Building
Program provides support to CBOs, resident organizations and other
stakeholders engaged in comprehensive neighborhood change efforts. The
Community capacity Building Program includes the Council’s Field Building
projects that work with organizational partners around the country to build
organizational capacity and develop tools for use by community building
practitioners. The Program Associate works under the supervision a Senior
Program Associate and the Chief Executive Officer. Her/His primary
assignments will include working on program design; provision of technical
assistance, training and coaching support; meeting design, facilitation and
support, research on policies and programs; synthesis and dissemination of
information to staff and partners to inform their work. The position
requires a person with the range of skills necessary to undertake the
activities identified above. The person should also have broad knowledge of
the community building and community development fields.
• Master’s degree (Three additional years of experience may be
substituted for the Bachelor’s degree)
• A minimum of 3 years work experience in the areas of
community building, community development, education, economic development,
organizational development, community organizing or related fields.
• Experience working with diverse communities and a
demonstrated commitment to social justice issues
• Availability to work evening and weekends
• Ability to travel out of state and over weekends (frequency
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE IN:
• Written and oral communication skills.
• Providing technical assistance and coaching support.
• Designing and delivering training
• Conceiving, planning and managing a project or program from
conception through implementation.
• Group process and facilitation, meeting management.
• Program design, implementation and evaluation.
• Implementing and monitoring multiple activities.
• Research, analysis and writing.
• Establishing and overseeing systems for organizing and
managing information and documents.
• Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access.
• Working with people in a one-on-one and team setting.
• Working with diverse communities and a demonstrated
commitment to social justice issues.
• Bilingual a plus.
How to Apply:
Please send resume with cover letter in Word format to Director of Finance
and Administration, via email. Refer to Program Associate position in
subject field of email. No telephone inquiries, fax or USPS please.
Organization Web Site: www.urbanstrategies.org