UPC takes a position..

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 10, 2002
      UPC members and friends:

      At last night's meeting with 6 Boardmembers voting (10 people in
      attendance), the UPC unanimously voted to:

      1. Endorse the position of the South Central Environment Committee in
      regards to opposing the paving of Bud Athletic Field, South Campus, to
      provide 800 parking stalls for the Park-n-Ride facility

      2. Work with that committee to suggest alternatives to meeting the growing
      parking demand.

      David Roemer agreed to chair a sub-committee that would comment on the
      Negative Declaration for the SJSU 10th/Alma St. Park & Ride Lot - deadline
      is 4/25. Robin Lee and myself are subcommittee members.

      Purpose of this email is 2-fold:

      1. If you would like to assist us in commenting on the neg dec, contact
      David or myself.

      2. There is an 'action' to attend tomorrow - 12-1PM in the Admin' Bldg, Rm
      167. Your attendance in support of opposition to this project would be
      helpful. (see thread below for more info')

      A personal note:

      UPC has not been an 'activist' organization - we have traditionally focused
      on our relationship within the Urban & Regional Planning Dept, and also
      within American Planning Assn - so this in new territory for us.

      I wish to thank Annika Cheps for requesting that her group speak to us at
      our meeting last night - obviously we were very receptive!
      Also, since Annika is an Urban Planning minor at State, I would like to
      welcome her to our Coalition.

      Regards,
      Irvin

      From: James Clark
      To: SaveBudsField@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [SaveBudsField] Fwd: [impact_party] We need your VOICE!!
      Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:36:28 -0700 (PDT)

      Denise,
      I won't be able to attend the event but if you need any pre-event supporting
      work (photocopying info sheets, etc.) let me know.
      I will hopefully have an updated info sheet by then.
      --James
      Denise Olenak wrote: This email was sent by Maribel
      Martinez, the
      Associated Students President. Please attend if you
      can. -denise