FT Job - San Francisco - Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp - Property Manager
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 05/11/2005 05:03 PM -----
Job Title: Assistant Property Manager
Organization: Tenderloin Neighborhood Development Corp
Location: San Francisco
Salary: $30,500 - $37,000 (DOE) + Excellent Benefits
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Assistant Manager
is responsible for assisting in the overall operation of a TNDC building.
The position is full-time (40 hours per week), exempt.
1. Directly supervise desk clerks, including preparation of
employee evaluations and recommendations for discipline or promotions.
2. Assist the General Building Manager in screening,
interviewing, and selecting candidates.
3. Enforce company policies and procedures. Responsible for
knowledge of leasing techniques, sales methods, property rental information
and rental agreements.
4. Responsible for the inventory and ordering of necessary
administrative supplies and equipment.
5. Monitor building expenditures and rent collection. Ensure
timely collection of receivables such as vacancy loss reimbursements. Assist
in submitting required internal and external reports.
6. Maintain files, records, rental agreements and other
7. Responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary
circumstances regarding the residents or the property.
8. Ensure security of the building and respond promptly to
building emergencies and resident crises.
9. Responsible for managing tenant relations: Ensure efficient
and courteous response to all resident requests and respond promptly to
tenant complaints and incident reports; provide competent conflict
10. Meet regularly with tenant services staff. Work
collaboratively with building social worker to organize resident
celebrations and events.
11. Be available by pager at all times for emergencies.
12. Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work with, and sensitivity to, a diverse,
low-income, multi-ethnic population.
• Ability to run balances, and do billing and receipts.
• Dependability, initiative and follow-through.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to respond appropriately in pressure situations;
possess an even temperament and strong interpersonal and people skills.
• Experience working with conflict resolution, crisis
intervention and resident relations.
• Computer Literate.
• Knowledge of Section 8 Requirements.
• Knowledge of substance abuse and homelessness issues.
• Experience with seniors and/or disabled individuals.
• 2nd language abilities of Chinese or Mandarin.
ABOUT TNDC: Founded in 1981, the Tenderloin Neighborhood Development
Corporation (TNDC) houses 3,000 San Franciscans - primarily people who earn
$5,000 to $25,000 a year-in 20 buildings with 1,600 apartments and hotel
rooms. TNDC's mission is to make the Tenderloin neighborhood a better place
to live for low-income people by providing safe, service-enriched affordable
housing and cooperating in community improvement and development efforts.
TNDC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to ATTN: Human Resources. Mail to TNDC, 201
Eddy Street, San Francisco, CA 94102; fax to (415) 776-3952; or e-mail to
=x> . Visit www.tndc.org <http://www.tndc.org/>
Please mention where you saw this job posted.