FT Position - Foster City, CA - Mid-Peninsula Housing - Property Management
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 05/11/2005 08:38 AM -----
Job Title: Director of Property Management
Organization: Mid-Peninsula Housing
Location: Foster City
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer of Mid-Peninsula
Housing Coalition and has responsibility for the ongoing operations of the
Mid-Peninsula Housing Management Corporation. The director is responsible
for running a professionally managed organization, maintaining property
operations and compliance, establishing and meeting operating budgets,
developing a skilled and qualified management team, maintaining good
relationships with residents, governmental agencies, investors, and clients.
Internal: Reports to the Chief Operating Officer; supervises District
Managers, Compliance Manager, Trainer, and administrative staff that
supports Property Management. Works with all department managers to
coordinate activities ensure smooth property operations.
External: Manages relationships with regulatory agencies, investors,
third-party fee clients, residents, and vendors.
Essential Job Functions:
ENSURE OPERATIONAL PERFORMANCE
* Responsible for the efficient and cost-effective operation of all
properties by maintaining occupancies and adhering to budgets.
* Conducts regular inspection of properties to ensure property is
* Oversees the completion of annual budgets for each property.
* Monitor monthly financial performance to insure that financial
goals and budgets are met.
* Ensures that the properties are operated in compliance with
regulatory program requirements.
* Insures that site and property office procedures are efficient,
appropriate, automated where possible, and maximize computer resources.
* Oversees that adequate safety and security programs exist where
MAINTAIN HUD AND AGENCY RELATIONSHIPS
* Stay abreast of regulatory requirements and manage HUD, TCAC, and
other regulatory agency relationships.
* Insures that adequate record keeping and reporting systems are in
place to monitor HUD contract renewals.
* Implement controls to ensure site managers are in compliance with
HUD, TCAC, other legal or regulatory requirements.
* Assess department strengths and weaknesses and develops a Plan
with established goals and objectives for the management corporation.
* Implements Plan annually and reviews with staff to insure
compatibility with overall goals and requirements.
* Supports the District Managers in the implementation of their
* Sets and articulates the direction of the corporation, ensures
that management practices and approaches are up to date, and in line with
* Anticipates the need for change, obtains buy-in, and motivates the
management team to move forward.
* Builds and maintains effective working relations between Midpen's
affiliates and departments.
REPORTING & COMMUNICATION
* Establish or maintain reporting systems to monitor performance
standards and ensure adequate written record of performance are maintained.
* Provides formal written monthly reporting to the Chief Operating
Officer that summarizes the status of the properties, issues, and corrective
* Conducts regular meetings with District Managers,
Property/Community Managers, outside Boards, and the Property Management
Committee of the Mid-Peninsula Board.
* Insures that adequate records are maintained and up to date on all
the properties. Insures that adequate records are kept of communications
with investors, owners, agencies and clients.
* Responsible for developing good community and client
relationships. Insures good relationships and communication with these
groups. Where clients are involved in the property, assumes responsibility
for and is actively involved in a proactive client satisfaction program.
* Encourages communication between properties and the central office
* Supervises and coach direct reports to meet department objectives.
* Provides for a positive work environment for employees that
promotes competent staff and treats everyone fairly.
* Trains management staff to anticipate and correct deviations and
* Insures that two levels of management is involved in the selection
of qualified staff using consistent selection criteria.
* Provides on-the-job and formal management training and coaching,
where needed, to improve skills.
* Oversees the development of training plans consistent with the
* Provides career development, makes promotional decisions
consistent with established MPHMC career paths and insures that adequate
replacements are available to cover job vacancies.
* Insures onsite compensation is equitable, competitive and
facilitates career growth.
OTHER Performs other assignments, special projects and works with other
agencies as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions
- BA, Business Management or equivalent, advanced degrees highly
- Knowledge of real estate property management, contract
administration, and/or housing law required.
- Some knowledge of HUD, tax credit and other regulatory agency
requirements helpful but not required.
- 10+ years progressive management/supervisory experience necessary
with at least 5+ years overseeing a property management division.
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to run a complex multi-faceted organization
- Ability to set goals, monitor performance, and engage in sound
- Ability to complete physical site inspections.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Computer literate and understanding of property management
- Valid California Drivers License.
How to Apply:
Fax resumes with salary requirements to (650) 357-9764 or email
Resumes that do not contain salary requirements will NOT be considered for
Organization Web Site: www.midpen-housing.org