FW: Housing Tour Information

  • Robert Mansfield
    Message 1 of 1 , May 4, 2005
      This is from the Silicon Valley Leadership Group (formally known as the
      Silicon Valley Manufacturers Group).

      --
      Bob Mansfield
      President, Urban Planning Coalition

      ----------
      From: "Shiloh Ballard" <sballard@...>
      Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 17:40:38 -0700
      To: <rfm67@...>
      Subject: Housing Tour Information

      Bob,

      I thought you might be interested- If you haven't already heard, we're
      doing one of our tours again. This one focuses on affordable housing
      and is geographically based in South County. The flier is attached and
      information is below. If you know anyone who would be interested,
      please feel free to pass this information along.

      Thanks!
      Shiloh

      Dear Friends-

      In celebration of Affordable Housing Week, please join Assemblymember
      Simon Salinas on the morning of Saturday, May 14th for a tour of
      affordable housing in South Santa Clara County.

      The purpose of this tour is to show leaders, community members, public
      officials and more, different examples of affordable home communities
      and to highlight planning and design elements that may be applicable to
      your community. At each stop, you will be greeted by an expert who will
      review some of the unique features of each home development. As well,
      your registration packet will contain a factsheet on each development
      that describes the heights, densities, parking ratios and more.

      We have very deliberately selected a diverse set of housing examples to
      showcase on the tour. Each community has its own personality-- what
      works in Morgan Hill may not be appropriate in Gilroy. It is our hope
      that the Tour will be helpful to you in figuring out what elements-
      landscaping, setbacks, architecture, roof slopes, density- you like and
      dislike and what would be key to building a better community and quality
      of life in your community.

      We hope you join us for the Tour!