Transportation Roundtable: Tuesday March 12th, 6pm,SF

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 6, 2002
      PLEASE share this announcement and forward at will.

      A Transportation Roundtable
      Balancing our transportation options and ending our auto-dependency
      With special guest, author Jim Motavalli
      Tuesday March 12th, 6pm at Sierra Club National Headquarters, 85 Second
      St., 3rd Floor Yosemite Rm.
      On corner of Second and Mission. One block from Montgomery Bart Station.
      FREE and open to the public.

      Join Bay Area transportation and anti-sprawl activists in an open forum as
      we envision our transportation system in the 21st century. We will discuss
      how other communities are succeeding in alleviating traffic, decreasing
      sprawl and reducing pollution, and how these solutions can be applied in
      the Bay Area.

      We will be joined by special guest, Jim Motavalli, a transportation expert
      and editor of E:The Environmental Magazine, who will share his insights and
      discoveries from his new book, Breaking Gridlock: Moving Towards
      Transportation That Works (Sierra Club Books, Dec. '01 ). To read a recent
      interview with the author, go to www.sierraclub.org/currents/motavalli.asp.

      Open to members and non-members, veteran activists and the generally
      concerned, this roundtable forum is sponsored by the San Francisco Group of
      the Club's SF Bay Chapter and is sure to be both lively and informative.
      For more information call the SF Group at 415/977-5578 or John Holtzclaw at
      415/977-5534.

      Jim Motavalli will also be appearing in San Francisco, Mon, March 11th at A
      Clean, Well-Lighted Place for Books (call 441-6670) and in Oakland Tuesday
      March 12th from 3-5pm at the Sierra Club Bookstore
      (The bookstore address is
      6014 College Ave in Oakland
      Near the Rockridge BART station
      phone 510-658-7470)