Panel discussion: BART to San Jose (April 21)
BART TO SAN JOSE
THURSDAY APRIL 21
- WILL KEMPTON, Director, California Department of Transportation - Keynote Speaker
- BART Project Overview: CAROLYN GONOT, Chief Development Officer, Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority
- CINDY CHAVEZ, Vice Mayor, City of San Jose
- CARL GUARDINO, President and CEO, Silicon Valley Leadership Group
- DENNIS KENNEDY, Mayor, City of Morgan Hill
- GREG PERRY, Councilmember, City of Mountain View
A panel of experts will look at the pros and cons of the proposed BART extension. They will also explain the current objections and obstacles to the project and discuss the various options that are still on the table - including the full BART plan versus a modified or staged project, or no BART at all.
11:45 a.m., Registration | 12:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m., Program
Younger Street Auditorium, 55 West Younger Ave., San Jose
(To make a reservation, go to http://www.commonwealthclub.org/featured.html, scroll down to the event, and click on "make a reservation")
Co-sponsored by the California State Automobile Association, the Mineta Transportation Institute and the Silicon Valley Leadership Group.