RE: [SJSU_MURPs] Planning & Development Intern

  • Karoline Grigsby
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 11, 2005
      I had the opportunity to be a planning intern/student design trainee at the
      Port of San Francisco from '02-'03.
      If you have the intention of applying and have any questions regarding the
      job I would be happy to share my experience.

      -Karli Grigsby
      (415) 235-2515

      From: Vianey <vianeynava@...>
      To: SJSU_MURPs@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [SJSU_MURPs] Planning & Development Intern
      Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 08:18:31 -0800 (PST)

      Job Summary
      State Job ID:
      CA4854051
      Job Title:
      PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT INTERN
      Company:
      Port Of San Francisco
      Location:
      US - CA, San Francisco, 94111
      AJB Reference Number:
      17899544
      Job Start/End Date:
      not provided
      Job Type:
      Regular
      Job Classification :
      Part Time
      Hours/Week:
      30 hrs/week
      Salary Range:
      $ 21.65 per hour
      Education:
      Some College
      Required Degree/
      Formal Training:
      not provided
      Required Licenses/
      Certificates :
      not provided
      Experience:
      0 months
      Company
      Homepage:
      not provided
      More Information
      America's Career InfoNet has information about jobs at the national level:

      -->General Outlook on the U.S. Job Market
      -->Additional Career Resources
      Wage and Trend information related to this type of job
      Profile of California
      Job Description

      The Port of San Francisco is seeking a student trainee for one position in
      the Planning & Development Division.
      Selected student will be hired on a full-time basis for approximately 10-12
      weeks during the summer and will be
      expected to work 10-20 hours per week during the school year. Exact dates
      and number of hours will depend on
      college schedules. Description of Duties:
      The Student Planning Trainee will provide support to Port planning,
      development and engineering staff currently
      working on a variety of planning and development projects that implement its
      Waterfront Land Use Plan. Duties
      may include, but are not limited to the following: conduct research, write
      text, and prepare graphics for planning &
      development projects, develop and maintain databases; prepare materials for
      public meetings and community
      outreach; assist development staff on tasks related to negotiations and
      approvals of Port public/private
      development projects.
      Minimum Qualifications:
      - Possession of a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or
      university.
      - Enrolled in a two-year graduate program at a recognized university leading
      to a Master's Degree in City or
      Regional Planning, Real Estate or Urban Economics, Geography or similar
      related field.
      - Applicants must be returning to their graduate program in Fall 2005.
      - Applicants must be a US citizen or have an alien registration (green)
      card, or a foreign student with legal work
      permit prior to filing application. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and
      Abilities:
      - Strong analytical and writing skills
      - Microsoft Access database programming, AutoCAD/Arcview or GIS skills
      - Comfortable working both in team settings and independently with
      appropriate supervision
      How to Apply: Deadline: March 18, 2005
      Submit a complete application package (1) Student Trainee Employment
      Application, (2) copy of college
      transcripts (unofficial is acceptable), (3) resume and (4) cover letter to:
      Port of San Francisco
      Human Resources Office
      Pier One
      San Francisco, CA 94111