FT jobs - San Francisco - Dyett & Bhatia - urban/regional planning

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2005

      Planners, Urban Designers
      Dyett & Bhatia, Urban and Regional Planners

      11:45 am PST, Mar 01

      Join our dynamic team leading some of the most prominent urban planning and zoning projects across California and nationally. These positions are for our downtown San Francisco office.

      QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Candidates for full-time positions should have an MCP or equivalent, and 2 (for Junior level) to 7+ years (for Sen-ior-level appointment) experience in preparing general plans, area/specific plans, zoning regulations, and/or EIRs. Candidates with exceptional experience and demonstrated ability to manage assignments are highly encouraged to apply. Recent MCP or Master of Urban Design graduates applying for junior-level positions should have at least two years of prior full-time planning or design experience. Candidates who have applied to our office more than six months previously are encouraged to resubmit their resumes (we keep resumes on file for six months).

      AREAS OF EXPERTISE DESIRED While there will be opportunities to work on a wide range of assignments, candidates should have expertise in at least one of the following:
      • Physical planning and urban design. Candidates should have an MCP or MUP complemented with a design degree, understanding of building typologies, and preparation of design standards and guidelines. Computer modeling (3-D Studio Max or SketchUp), GIS, drawing (Freehand or Illustra-tor) skills and comprehensive planning experience desirable.
      • Environmental Assessment. Experience in prepar-ing/managing EIRs in California, and knowledge of CEQA essential, background in natural resources desirable.
      • Zoning. Experience in preparing and/or administering zoning and development regulations is essential. Training in law or in design or joint MCP/JD degree, with interest in preparing development regulations a major plus.

      SALARY AND BENEFITS
      Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, retirement plan match, profit sharing, and transit subsidy.

      HOW TO APPLY
      Send resume and cover email to jobs@... or FAX 415 956 7315.
      NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!

      Salary: DOE

      Contact:Rajeev Bhatia
      Email:jobs@...
      Phone:No phone calls PLEASE.
      Fax:415-956-7315
      Org.:Dyett & Bhatia, Urban and Regional Planners
      Web:http://www.dyettandbhatia.com
      Dept.:
      Address:755 Sansome Street, Ste 400
      San Francisco, CA 94111