Graduation Ceremony and Spring Party: volunteers to form the organizing committee

  • Shishir.Mathur@sjsu.edu
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2005
      Hi:
      You would have received an announcement about the graduation ceremony and the spring party to be held on Friday, May 27. We are also seeking volunteers to form the organizing committee for this event. Graduate students of the department, especially those in the first, second or third semester, are urged to be part of this committee. This will be their chance to set the standard for the first departmental graduation celebrations as well as to show their appreciation towards the fellow graduating students.

      Please email me by Wednesday, February 9 if you will like to volunteer. The email address is shishir.mathur@...

      Regards,
      Shishir

      Shishir Mathur, Ph.D.
      Assistant Professor
      Urban and Regional Planning Department
      One Washington Square
      San Jose' State University
      San Jose', CA 95192-0185
      Phone: 408-924-5875
      Fax: 408-924-5872

      From: Shishir Mathur/SJSU
      Date: 02/02/2005 03:48PM
      Subject: Graduation Ceremony and Spring Party

      Dear MUP students, faculty, and friends:

      Traditionally we have celebrated the end of the Spring Semester with a fun-filled party. Starting this year, we will also honor the graduating students of our department in a simple yet intimate departmental graduation ceremony. The graduation ceremony and the after party are scheduled for the evening of Friday, May 28, 2005.  Please mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details later in the semester.

      Students who will definitely graduate by May 2005, along with the students who graduated in August or December 2004, will be honored in this ceremony.

      We would like your support, input, and help in organizing this event, and hence are seeking volunteers to form the organizing committee for this event. If you would like to be on this committee, please let Shishir Mathur (shishir.mathur@...) know by Wednesday, February 9, 2005. The first meeting of the committee would be held towards the middle of February.

      The committee will help in deciding and implementing the details of the ceremony and the party. These will include: deciding the venue, identifying the commencement speaker, and help in announcing and organizing the event.
      Regards,
      Shishir Mathur