RE: [SJSU_MURPs] FW: (Public.Spaces) PPS and FHWA launch new transportation website

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      of possible related interest, speaking of the Project for Public Spaces:

      The Forum at Redwood City will feature Fred Kent, Founder and President,
      Project for Public Spaces, on Weds, 3/2, 6-7:45pm.

      He will be addressing why some parks succeed as lively public spaces (Cesar
      Chavez Plaza?) while others (St. James Park?) fail, and how we can learn
      from the missed opportunities of underperforming parks in order to create
      great public spaces in our own communities.

      Kent is a researcher for William H. Whyte on the Street Life Project and an
      internationally recognized expert in placemaking.

      for more info, contact Dan Zack, RWC, dzack@...

      Irvin Dawid [home: 650/853-0558; cell: 650/283-6534]