Tips for Effective Note-Taking - A special session for 298 (and other) students

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2005

      Hello -

      At Monday's orientation session on the 298 process, students expressed interest in having a discussion about effective ways to take notes for a large research project.  Therefore, I am arranging a special session to discuss strategies for taking notes in a (relatively) painless and effective manner.  I will present my own strategies, as well as lead a discussion where others share their experiences, as well.

      Best regards,

      Asha Weinstein

      Assistant Professor
      Department of Urban and Regional Planning
      San José State University
      One Washington Square
      San Jose, CA 95192-0185
      email: asha.weinstein@...
      phone: 408-924-5853

      TOPICS COVERED

      - Effective ways to organize your notes

      - What to write down (or not to write down)

      - A demonstration of EndNote, one of several bibliographic software programs available.

      THE DETAILS

      - When: Monday, February 14, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m.

      - Where: Washington Square Hall 205 (Social Work large conference room)

      - RSVP: Please RSVP to Asha by Friday, February 11, if you wish to attend.

      - Everyone is welcome, whether or not you are working on your 298 report.