Call for Speaker**China Planning Network 2nd Annual Conference

  • Elisa Harvie
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2005
      Message

      Date: March 17-18, 2005

      Venue: Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA*

      The MIT-Harvard China Planning Conference is organized by the

      ChinaPlanning Network, a MIT- and Harvard-based group of students,

      faculty, and practitioners interested in urban development and planning

      issues in China. The Network intends to act as a bridge between

      planning and development communities in China and their US-based

      colleagues as well as a forum for academic and professional dialogues on

      planning issues through seminars, conferences, and informal events.

      The 1^st China Planning Conference was successfully held on April, 2004

      at Harvard University. About 200 attendants from universities, planning

      commissions, non-profit organizations, government agencies across Asia,

      Europe, and North American participated in the conference. More

      information about the Network can be found at

      http://web.mit.edu/dusp/chinaplanning/

      The 2^nd MIT-Harvard China Planning Conference is going to be held at

      MIT in Cambridge, MA. Scholars, practitioners, and government officials

      from both China and the US will participate in this event. Currently we

      are seeking speakers to present the most in-depth, innovative treatment

      of cutting-edge ideas related to China planning and research. The topics

      include but are not limited to:

      * Housing Reform in China

      * Transportation and Land Use Planning

      * Physical Planning

      * Regional Sustainable Development

      Our panel discussants from MIT will include Lawrence Vale, John de

      Monchaux, Karen Polenske, Tunney Lee, Ralph Gakenkeimer, Fred Salvucci,

      Dennis Frenchman, and we are actively contacting with other scholars and

      practitioners.

      If you are interested in being our distinguished speaker, please kindly

      reply your availability and concerns about our invitation at your

      earliest convenience so that we can arrange logistics accordingly.

      Please sent via email to chinaplanning@...

      <

      mailto:chinaplanning@...> the following:

      * Speaker's name and contact

      * Title and abstract of presentation

      * Speaker's brief biography

      _Conference Information_

      * Conference Venue: MIT, Cambridge, MA

      * Compensation: We'll cover round-trip airfare and hotel expenses

      if accepted as speaker, for details please contact conference

      coordinators at chinaplanning@... <

      mailto:chinaplanning@...>

      Organizing Committee

      China Planning Network 2nd Conference