Fw: Intern needed to help with Coyote Ridge project

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2005

      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 01/18/2005 12:59 PM -----

      Flower Power II
      Preserve Coyote Ridge
      Help ensure the long-term protection of California’s largest intact native serpentine ecosystem.

      Campaign coordinator needed immediately!

      Join the Sierra Club, California Native Plant Society and Committee for Green Foothills in our campaign to ensure the long term protection of Coyote Ridge. Flower Power II is a campaign to get decision-makers and interested members of the public out to Coyote Ridge during the height of the native wildflower bloom to appreciate this local treasure. Coyote Ridge is a hot spot of native diversity - home to the threatened Bay checkerspot butterfly and more than ten plants listed as rare or endangered by the California Native Plant Society.

      This volunteer internship opportunity is an exciting chance to work with local environmental leaders and make a difference. Time is flexible, though we need someone to be available about 6 hours a week through April. We are seeking someone with the following skills and experience.

      - Organizing time and people
      - Writing and public speaking
      - Computer proficient
      - Passion for nature