Infrastructure: Transportation and Energy (Panel Discussion at MTC, 1/19)

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 17, 2005

      Wednesday 19th, 9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.  Project California discussion
      with Attorney General Bill Lockyer about transportation and energy
      infrastructure, at MTC.

      Infrastructure: Transportation and Energy

      Date:              Wednesday, January 19, 2005

      Time:             9:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.

      Place:              Metropolitan Transportation Commission

                              101 - 8 Street, Oakland
      RSVP:
      <http://www.projectcalifornia.org/>www.ProjectCalifornia.org (no charge)

      Featured Panelists:

      (Partial List)    Charles McGlashan, Marin County Supervisor
      Richard Little, Executive Director, Keston Infrastructure Institute,
      University of Southern California
      Steve Heminger, Executive Director, MTC
      Stuart Cohen, Executive Director, Transportation and Land Use Coalition
      Jay Hansen, Legislative Director, State Building & Construction Trades Council
      Dan Kammen, Professor, University of California, Berkeley
      Ed Kahn, Managing Director, Analysis Group
      John White, Executive Director, Center for Energy Efficiency and Renewable
      Technologies
      Paul Fenn, Author, 2004 San Francisco "Energy Independence" Ordinance &
      California's Community Choice Law

      California today faces challenges that include protecting our quality of
      life and natural resources, and rethinking how we plan for the growth of
      our communities amidst a growing and changing population.  At this Project
      California discussion, Attorney General Bill Lockyer seeks to engage
      experts and focus people's attention on transportation and energy issues,
      and the important question of our economic prosperity and the state's
      infrastructure needs in regard to transportation and renewable energy:

      §         What infrastructure do we need to continue California's economic
      prosperity?
      §         How do we pay for this infrastructure?
      §         What is the role of state government and what is the role of
      business in building this California?
      Project California was launched to marshal the extraordinary intellect,
      talent and diversity of our people for a frank discussion about the kind of
      state we want California to be for future generations.  California is a big
      state and not everyone can make it to our meetings so we offer you a chance
      to join in the discussions and share your own ideas through our web
      site.   Please join us at
      <http://www.projectcalifornia.org/>www.ProjectCalifornia.org.