Full Time Position - Fresno CA - Latino Issues Forum - Policy Analyst
----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 12/14/2004 03:07 PM -----
Latino Issues Forum
December 10, 2004
Title: Policy Analyst
Location: Fresno, CA
Summary: Latino Issues Forum (LIF) is seeking a full-time Policy
Analyst to support LIF’s environmental health work in the Central Valley.
Working under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager and in
partnership with the Senior Policy Analyst, the Policy Analyst will conduct
a range of activities to advance LIF’s sustainable development agenda with a
particular focus on environmental health issues in California’s Central
Valley. Using a combination of research, advocacy and community organizing
the Policy Analyst will work towards addressing the environmental and health
needs of California’s Latino community in the private and public sectors
including; not for profit institutions, regulatory or legislative bodies,
local, regional or state government, private corporations, foundations,
educational and research institutions.
About LIF: Established in 1987, Latino Issues Forum (LIF) (www.lif.org)
is a state-wide non-profit public policy and advocacy institute dedicated to
advancing new and innovative public policy solutions for a better, more
equitable and prosperous society in California. LIF currently has offices in
San Francisco, the Inland Empire (Ontario), and in the San Joaquin Valley
* Analyze existing environmental health policies: regulations,
administrative procedures, laws or other policy vehicles;
* Develop environmental policy or issue briefs, publications or
primers to educate opinion makers or decision-makers on critical
environmental and health topics;
* Utilize oral communications or public speaking skills to present
consumer education or other public policy information to Latino civic,
community leaders or other decision-makers, as well as the general public;
* Coordinate statewide community education and advocacy programs;
* Plan and coordinate environmental and health forums: conferences;
seminars; workshops; policy or media briefings;
* Develop environmental education materials, and other policy
materials based on original or secondary research;
* Grassroots organizing and community building in the metropolitan
and rural communities of the San Joaquin Valley; and the
* Completion of additional tasks or assignments as requested.
* Excellent research and writing skills.
* Excellent communication skills. Bilingual skills (English/Spanish)
* Ability to convey concepts to a wide range of constituencies,
including Valley residents, elected officials, neighborhood groups, and the
* Previous experience and willingness to work with broad based and
* Ability to work independently and as a team.
* Ability to relate to Latino farmworker families.
* Demonstrated commitment to the Latino community.
* Minimum of an undergraduate degree in a related field.
* This is an entry-level position at Latino Issues Forum. Full
benefits included and competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Please submit cover letter and resumé to Chione Flegal, Senior Program
Manager, Latino Issues Forum, 160 Pine Street, Suite 700, San Francisco, CA
94111 or via Email to chionef@... <mailto:lifcentral@...> .
Deadline to submit resumé is January 10th, 2004.