Part time job - Palo Alto - Sierra Club - Global Warming Program Coordinator
Part Time Job Opportunity
Global Warming Program Coordinator
Sierra Club Loma Prieta Chapter, Palo Alto, CA
This new position offers an opportunity to be a part of the nation’s leading environmental organization. The opportunity includes public outreach to address local and regional impacts of global warming, and how individuals and businesses can do their part to reduce green house gases. You will work among deeply committed volunteers and be responsible for ensuring implementation of the chapter’s global warming program objectives. This is a 24 hour per week assignment for one year with possible opportunities for extension.
· Work closely with the program manager and the Global Warming Committee to implement campaign strategies.
· Relationships with local media and experience in media relations
· Recruit and motivate new volunteers.
· Make presentations at meetings and community events.
· Write press releases, newsletters, flyers, etc.
· Coordinate efforts with the Sierra Club national Global Warming Committee and staff.
· Coordinate efforts with other local organizations.
· Coordinate efforts of the Science Advisory Panel.
· Experience with event planning or community organizing projects.
· Ability to interact positively with community residents, volunteers, staff and the public.
· Strong oral and written communication skills.
· Demonstrated interest in the environment and demonstrated knowledge of global warming.
· Ability to clearly explain complex issues and effectively communicate them to others.
· Marketing and Public Relations background preferred.
· Knowledge of and connections with local business community desirable.
· Word processing/knowledge of computers.
· Able to travel as needed within Santa Clara and San Mateo counties. Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and proof of auto insurance required.
Competitive salary to be offered based on experience. Benefits include paid vacation, health insurance, sick leave and other benefits.
Please send cover letter, resume, relevant materials with “GW Organizer (Your Name)” in the Subject line to KurtNewick@.... Job is open until Jan 14, 2005.
Loma Prieta Chapter 3921 East Bayshore Road Ste 204 Palo Alto, Ca. 94303
TEL:  390-8411 FAX:  390-8497 www.sierraclub.org/chapters/lomaprieta