River Restoration Symposium, Sat. 12/4, UC Berkeley

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2004
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 12/02/2004 12:51 PM -----

      Hello, water enthusiasts,

      We thought you might be interested in the following UC Berkeley event this
      Saturday (12/4). Please see below for details. The Water Archives is a
      sponsor of this event but not the main organizer. For more information or
      to RSVP, please email Kate Tollefson <ktollefson@...>. (The
      symposium is free and open to the public, but they would like to estimate
      how many programs to print and refreshments to get.)

      Water Resources Center Archives
      410 O'Brien Hall, University of California
      Berkeley, CA  94720-1718
      (510) 642-2666 / fax (510) 642-9143
      www.lib.berkeley.edu/WRCA/

      >>You are cordially invited to the Second Annual
      >>Berkeley River Restoration Symposium
      >>Saturday 04 December 2004  1.00pmĀ­5.30pm  Rm 112 Wurster
      Hall  UC Berkeley

      >>1-3pm  Part One
      >>Post-project appraisal of a restoration project: Ackerman Creek,
      >>Mendocino County
      >>Leonard Ash and Kent Harrison
      >>
      >>Long-term post-project appraisal of an urban creek restoration:
      Baxter
      >>Creek, El Cerrito Alison Purcell
      >>
      >>Tassajara Creek, Dublin: Post-project appraisal of an urban channel
      >>restoration
      >>John deFelice and Jason Hayter
      >>
      >>Channel form and capacity, San Pablo Ck: implications for restoration
      >>Shannah Anderson and Carolina Balazs
      >>
      >>Daylighting Islais Ck, San Francisco: a feasibility study
      >>Rosey Jencks and Rebecca Leonardson
      >>
      >>Riparian vegetation and native bee abundance/diversity, Putah Creek,
      >>Solano County.  Jennifer Hernandez and Mary Malko
      >>
      >>3-330pm  Break
      >>
      >>330-430pm  Part Two
      >>Post-fire channel changes in Muddy Hollow Creek, Pt Reyes
      >>Steve Skripnik and Emily Moshier
      >>
      >>Channel Changes in Olema Creek, Pt Reyes 1996-2004
      >>Kyle Carbert and Jasmine LeeHang-Austin
      >>
      >>Adaptive management in river restoration: theory vs practice in
      western
      >>North America Jessie Levine
      >>
      >>430-530pm  Panel Discussion featuring remarks on key issues
      in river
      >>restoration and issues raised by the presentations.  Panelists
      include:
      >>Barry Hecht, Balance Hydrologics; Robert Charbonneau, UC Office
      of the
      >>President; and Chris Richards, Oakland Museum.
      >>
      >>530-630pm Reception in Lobby
      >>
      >>The symposium is free and open to the public, but if possible please
      RSVP
      >>to Kate Tollefson <ktollefson@...> so we can estimate
      how many
      >>programs to print and refreshments to get.  Sponsored by the
      Dept of
      >>Landscape Architecture and Environmental Planning Beatrix Farrand
      Fund
      >>and the Water Resources Center Archives.

      To unsubscribe from the WRCA Colloquium & Events email list, please reply
      to this message with "unsubscribe" in the subject line.