Full Time Position - San Francisco - Center for Citizen Initiatives - Community Outreach
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 11/10/2004 03:19 PM -----
Job Title: Program Officer - Community Outreach
Organization: Center for Citizen Initiatives
Location: The Presidio of San Francisco
Salary: $32,000-$37,000 plus incentive program and excellent benefits
CENTER FOR CITIZEN INITIATIVES
Title: Program Officer, Community Outreach
Reports to: Program Manager, Community Outreach
Compensation: $32,000-$37,000 plus incentive program and excellent
Payroll Status: Regular full-time
Scheduled Hours: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Effective: December 15, 2004
Deadline for Applying: November 19, 2004
The Program Officer, Community Outreach, secures sponsorship of PEP
delegations of Russian entrepreneurs by volunteer and
service organizations across the United States, and develops and
marketing strategies vital to the success of CCI's
mission. Based in the CCI San Francisco office, the Program Officer
the PEP program, researches appropriate training
locations, contacts potential PEP sponsors, educates regarding the
importance of U.S.-Russian relations, and develops relationships with
service organization professionals to ensure the success of the program.
Program Officer exercises independent judgment and seamless coordination
with other PEP departments to ensure appropriateness of training markets,
effective communications to PEP volunteer sponsors, and the rational
scheduling of delegations.
* Bears independent responsibility for contacting, working with and
persuading U.S. civic clubs to sponsor and train delegations of
non-English-speaking Russian entrepreneurs in American companies and
* Bears independent responsibility for securing signed agreements with
club and/or other organization presidents nationwide for PEP sponsorship.
* Develops and implements independent marketing strategies to ensure the
program is competitive and gains the lead over other similar programs.
* Researches U.S. communities to match them with the appropriate
training industry, then pursues specific Russian delegations for the
* Develops and maintains professional one-on-one relationships with
community leaders in approximately seven states, or as assigned.
* Represents CCI by traveling to state or district conferences to make
marketing presentations to presidents and/or District Governors or other
members of Rotary, Kiwanis, or other civic clubs and organizations.
* Performs additional assignments in keeping with the general position
definition, as requested by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Excellent understanding of fundamental marketing and sales strategies.
* Excellent writing, telephone and communication skills.
* Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise sound independent judgment.
* Ability to work well independently and in groups.
* Good organizational and time-management skills and close attention to
* Creative problem-solving skills.
* Strong command of U.S. business principles and practices.
* Ability to articulate the economic, political and cultural conditions in
* Minimum typing proficiency of 30 words per minute.
* Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
* Minimum one-year prior experience working in a representative capacity
the public for a professional organization or company.
* Three-plus years sales, marketing or comparable experience.
* Prefer three-month experience working, studying or living overseas,
preferably in Russia or the NIS.
Must be able to:
* Clearly communicate with others to understand them and to be understood.
* Read and compose documents so that their intent is easily understood.
* Lift at least 10 pounds.
* Travel occasionally in the Bay Area or other states for events related
PEP delegations, during morning, day, evening
or weekend hours.
CCI is an equal-opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on
race, color, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual
orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical
condition, marital status, citizenship, military service status, or any
other characteristic protected by state or federal law or local ordinance.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Please send cover letter, résumé & salary history to:
HR/POCO, CCI, PO Box 29912, SF, CA 94129, fax 415/561-7778; or
No phone calls, please.
Organization Web Site: www.ccisf.org