Save Friday October lst for HSUG-West at UC/Berkeley! (Housing Statistics Users Group)

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 10, 2004
      ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 09/10/2004 08:46 AM -----

      Here we are again, our second year of data, data, data! The morning will
      feature California population projections and housing needs and
      presentations by data experts on the American Community Survey, the
      special
      HUD/CHAS data runs, and NKCA (Neighborhood Knowledge California) GIS
      system
      for Census 2000 data, the American Housing Survey and Knowledgeplex.
      Afternoon sessions will include new methods for determining the potential
      for infill in a local area followed by experts on data sources and
      indicators for monitoring local housing performance. The final panel of
      the day will focus on benchmarking the impact of fees and growth
      management
      tools on costs, supply and affordability of housing.

      HSUG-West is sponsored by the Fannie Mae Foundation; the Department of
      City
      & Regional Planning, the Institute of Urban and Regional Development, and
      the Berkeley Program on Housing and the Urban Policy (all at UC Berkeley);
      and KnowledgePlex.

      HSUG-West will be held in Room 112 Wurster Hall (Wurster Auditorium) on
      the
      UC/Berkeley campus from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Oct lst.

      Attendance is free, but registration is required--see the meeting website
      at
      <http://urbanpolicy.berkeley.edu/hsugwest.htm>http://urbanpolicy.berkeley.edu/hsugwest.htm
      . Other questions? Contact Vicki Elmer at velmer@... or John
      Landis at jlandis@.berkeley.edu.

      Vicki Elmer, Lecturer
      Department of City and Regional Planning
      University of California
      Berkeley, California 94720-1850
      (510) 823-3250 (cell)
      (510) 642-3256 (fall)