SJSU v. Stanford Urban Planning Tailgate 4:32PM
- Hello Urban Planners (and sports fans):
SJSU plays their first football game of 2004 at Stanford Stadium tomorrow at 7:00PM! This
will be an informal, bring your own food to share, event. I have just been released from
presenting at a board meeting in Lake Tahoe on Saturday, thus freeing up my ability to
plan--albeit by the seat of my pants--a last minute tailgate party.
Now I realize that not all of you are BIG football fans, but this is an excellent excuse for
some early season socializing.
Tailgating, parking and a variety of other promotions are free at Stanford games, so feel
free to come for just the tailgate session if you wish.
I will bring apples, cheese, some drinks, cups, paper goods and chairs. If you haven't ever
tailgated this is a good place to start. Tailgating at Stanford, is, well, think CAMP. I've
seen it all, from fast food to tablecloths and candles spread out over the hood of a
For those interested please E-mail Gavin at gavinsjsu@... for more details. I
will stake out a good location early tomorrow and then be available via cell phone and
(maybe E-mail) to give out the location. The location will most likely be at the corner of
Lasuen Street and Museum Way.
Please invite friends, family and cohorts.
Please respond via E-mail and I will send out additional details.
Very Truely Yours,
University Football Links:
INFO: (more will follow)
* Tailgate at 4:32PM or "whenever you make it"
* Location: Most likely corner of Lausen Street and Museum Way, I will give exact loction
and directions to those who RSVP tomorrow.
* Free parking!
* Game LSJU v. SJSU @ 7:00PM Location Stanford Stadium * Fireworks and events before
* Cost $$$: nothing for tailgating, parking, or the "fun fair" (see link)
* Tickets: NEVER SELL out!! Cheaper if you show student ID, and no need to buy
expensive seats as you can sit anywhere once inside Stanford's stadium
* Hosts: Unofficially Gavin Moynahan and Hilton Kwong
Game Promotions: Kids 14 and under will be admitted free as part of Cardinal Kids Day at
Stanford Stadium ... Fan Fest, which includes games, food and entertainment, begins at 4:
00 pm ... A fireworks show will take place at halftime.