SJSU v. Stanford Urban Planning Tailgate 4:32PM

  • gmoynahan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2004
      Hello Urban Planners (and sports fans):

      SJSU plays their first football game of 2004 at Stanford Stadium tomorrow at 7:00PM! This
      will be an informal, bring your own food to share, event. I have just been released from
      presenting at a board meeting in Lake Tahoe on Saturday, thus freeing up my ability to
      plan--albeit by the seat of my pants--a last minute tailgate party.

      Now I realize that not all of you are BIG football fans, but this is an excellent excuse for
      some early season socializing.

      Tailgating, parking and a variety of other promotions are free at Stanford games, so feel
      free to come for just the tailgate session if you wish.

      I will bring apples, cheese, some drinks, cups, paper goods and chairs. If you haven't ever
      tailgated this is a good place to start. Tailgating at Stanford, is, well, think CAMP. I've
      seen it all, from fast food to tablecloths and candles spread out over the hood of a
      garbage truck!

      For those interested please E-mail Gavin at gavinsjsu@... for more details. I
      will stake out a good location early tomorrow and then be available via cell phone and
      (maybe E-mail) to give out the location. The location will most likely be at the corner of
      Lasuen Street and Museum Way.

      Please invite friends, family and cohorts.

      Please respond via E-mail and I will send out additional details.

      Very Truely Yours,
      Gavin

      University Football Links:
      http://gostanford.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082904aaa.html
      http://www.sjsuspartans.com/sport_front.asp?sportid=56

      INFO: (more will follow)

      * Tailgate at 4:32PM or "whenever you make it"
      * Location: Most likely corner of Lausen Street and Museum Way, I will give exact loction
      and directions to those who RSVP tomorrow.
      * Free parking!
      * Game LSJU v. SJSU @ 7:00PM Location Stanford Stadium * Fireworks and events before
      the game
      * Cost $$$: nothing for tailgating, parking, or the "fun fair" (see link)
      * Tickets: NEVER SELL out!! Cheaper if you show student ID, and no need to buy
      expensive seats as you can sit anywhere once inside Stanford's stadium
      * Hosts: Unofficially Gavin Moynahan and Hilton Kwong

      Game Promotions: Kids 14 and under will be admitted free as part of Cardinal Kids Day at
      Stanford Stadium ... Fan Fest, which includes games, food and entertainment, begins at 4:
      00 pm ... A fireworks show will take place at halftime.