Fruitvale TOD: ITE luncheon, panel discussion, walking tour: 9/16,Thurs

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      note that student fee is only $5 for this luncheon event.
      Student membership in ITE is free.

      Fruitvale TODay: A vibrant new transit-oriented development (TOD) has
      dramatically transformed Oakland�s Fruitvale neighborhood. At this ITE
      Meeting, you�ll hear about the innovative transportation designs
      incorporated into this now-famous TOD and the many hurdles that were
      cleared to make this project possible. Be ready with your questions
      for the guest panel, and join us afterwards for a guided walking tour.
      see http://www.fruitvalevillage.net for more information.

      The Panel Members would be:
      * James Corless, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
      * Wlad Wlassowsky, City of Oakland
      * Tom Limon, The Unity Council
      * Possible representation from BART/AC Transit

      Our meeting will be held at Jaliscos II Mexican Restaurant, located
      inside the Fruitvale Transit Village right outside the Fruitvale BART
      station. Sign up EARLY, seating is limited and the RSVP deadline is
      Noon on Friday, September 10. For more information, please check
      our website at http://www.sfbayite.org, or open the attached PDF.

      ITE Bay Area Section has elected its Officers for the year 2004-2005.

      PRESIDENT - David Parisi, Parisi Associates
      VICE PRESIDENT - Rachel Donovan, Caltrans District 4
      SECRETARY-TREASURER - Joy Bhattacharya, CHS Consulting Group
      PAST-PRESIDENT - Mark Spencer, DKS Associates
      CHAIR OF PAST-PRESIDENT� COUNCIL - Jim Helmer, City of San Jose
      MEMBERSHIP CHAIR - Margaret Cortes, Kimley-Horn & Associates
      PROGRAMS CHAIR - Syd Bowcott, Iteris Inc.
      SCRIBE - Sam Tibibnia, Fehr & Peers
      WEBMISTRESS - Britt Thesen, City of San Francisco
      STUDENT CHAPTER LIAISON - Patty Camacho, DKS Associates

      Officers would be sworn in during our luncheon meeting on September 16,

      Check www.sfbayite.org/itewashington.html, for ITE Washington Weekly
      updates. Recent updates include short articles about US road
      fatalities, traffic sign retroreflectivity, ADA/ABA accessibility
      guidelines, MUTCD policy statements, and other interesting news.

      We have received many mentor/mentee applications and are now in the
      process of matching candidates. Response to the STEP Mentor Program
      has been overwhelming and more information of our program and a
      schedule of events and activities would be available soon.

      Check our website now available on an easy to remember web address,
      www.sfbayite.org. It provides wonderful resource for Bay Area ITE
      members, including information on events, local job listings, and
      events. If you don't find what you're looking for, e-mail us at
      events@... and we'll help you out.

      ITE SF Bay Area Section - District 6
      On the web at www.sfbayite.org