Full Time Temporary Position - San Francisco - Not for Profit (Technology Intern)
- ----- Forwarded by Asha Weinstein/SJSU on 08/23/2004 03:20 PM -----
Job Title: Technology Intern
Organization: Not for Profit (MEDA)
Location: San Francisco
MEDA needs to improve its existing database system, which, on a very
capacity, tracks clients, client demographics and provides staff access to
relevant client information. Many of our services rely on client data or
access to relevant information. To that end, the data that we need to
collect has strong impacts on program implementation. MEDA uses this
information to make program decisions around its homeownership and
technical assistance programs, prioritize our services and evaluate how
we are serving our constituents.
MEDA is searching for a technology intern to?
· Provide an analysis of MEDA's existing homeownership database
system(s), current infrastructure and current database system needs.
· Develop new business client database system.
· Based on initial analysis and findings, develop a database system
that is user friendly and allows the manipulation of client data,
client names, clients served by month, type of service delivered,
demographic and income data, among others.
· Develop consistency among business and homeownership client
· Develop methods to analyze and evaluate the quantity and quality
MEDA's services on an on-going and systematic basis.
· Develop manual around database system operation, including data
gathering, input, and analysis and general database navigation.
· Develop written document that outlines specific recommendations
strengthening MEDA's database infrastructure, including specific products,
estimated costs and identifying appropriate resources.
· Perform a training seminar for all MEDA staff.
· Strong knowledge of different database systems
· Practical experience around database development and analysis
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to communicate and work collaboratively with staff
· Knowledge of community economic development field
This position is a three month internship at 30-35 hours a week.
How to Apply:
by email to: hr@...
0&start=7191602&len=5596&src=&type=x> or fax at 415-282-3320
Organization Web Site: www.medasf.org