Fwd: Designing Walkable Neighborhoods Workshop in Salinas

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2002
      Juan,
      Yes, this is very helpful - I am posting it on the egroup as well.
      Thank you for announcing it at yest's UPC meeting.
      Irvin

      Date: Thursday, Jan. 17, 2002

      Session A: 9 AM - 1:30 PM (Brown Bag Lunch Provided while enjoying the
      Olympic Torch Run in Salinas)
      Welcome & Walking Audits (Tours) of Downtown Salinas, Intermodal Transit
      Station and a Redevelopment Site in Salinas.

      Session B: 1:30 PM - 5:30 PM (Dinner Break 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM on your own)
      North or East Redevelopment Site Walking Audit (Tour), Lecture on New
      Urbanism & Infill Development, and a Panel Lecture on Making it Work on the
      Ground.

      Session C: 6:30 PM -9 PM
      Welcome, Lecture on Introduction to New Urbanism, and Lecture on Designing
      Walkable Communities.

      Featuring: Dan Burden, National Expert on Walkable Communities &
      Shelley Poticha, Exec. Director of the Congress for
      New Urbanism
      (Note to Karli: both of these may be good contacts for
      the UPC Lecture Series)

      To Register/RSVP:
      E-Mail or Call: Ms. Kristi Kimball - kkimball@... - phone:
      415-956-7835
      Mr. Ben Berto - benb@... -
      phone: 831-758-7206

      For Additional Workshop Information check - www.ci.salinas.ca.us

      Hope this is helpful,
      Juan

      Juan F. Borrelli, AICP
      Director of Planning Programs & Urban Design
      RBF Consulting
      111 W. St. John Street, Suite 850
      San Jose, CA 95113-1122
      phone: 408-993-9224, ext. 120