5935Reminder for WTS Event: Harnessing "Big Data" to Expand Transportation Choices

  • anais_schenk
    Jun 20, 2014

      In the age of mobile technologies and social media, innovative technologies can not only improve our personal lives, but also our transportation options. We are constantly putting information out into the world about our preferences, yet this “big data” has yet to be fully utilized by the transportation sector. Transportation professionals are starting to learn how to unlock the vast potential of big data to better understand travel preferences, patterns and choices. However, big data requires big capacity. As a region, we must ensure that through improvements to our infrastructure and creative partnerships we can meet the challenges of using big data effectively in transportation planning. Join the WTS Monterey Bay Area Group for its first event in the Monterey Bay Area.

      Key Information

      DATE: Thursday, June 26, 2014, 6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.

      WHERE: Cruzio - 877 Cedar St. #150 Santa Cruz, CA 95060

      COST: $30 WTS Members / $38 Non-Members / $10 Students

      FOOD: Buffet and No-Host Bar

      AICP: CM 1.5

      Please register in advance. Buy tickets from EventBrite at http://bit.ly/WTS-BigData

      Thank you to our sponsors, Cruzio and Vinocruz for making this event possible.