5922Paid internship - Berkeley - MIG - Outreach

  • Asha Weinstein Agrawal
    Jun 9, 2014
      Outreach Intern

      MIG is a Berkeley-based firm specializing in Planning, Design, Communications, Management and Technology. Since it was founded in 1982, MIG has focused on planning, designing and sustaining environments that support human development. We embrace inclusivity and encourage community and stakeholder interaction in all of our projects. We are seeking 2 - 3 Outreach Interns to join the Management and Policy Planning Services (MAPS) team at our Berkeley, CA headquarters. The MAPS team provides strategic planning, organizational development, policy planning, and community outreach services in the fields of land use, transportation, water, parks and recreation, public health and social welfare. The Outreach Intern will work closely with project managers and project associates to assist with grassroots outreach, on-site and intercept surveys, workshop support and research. The Outreach Intern will also interact often with diverse members of communities during public engagement activities. Candidates who are adept at working at the community level, including with Spanish-speaking residents, are especially desirable to our project team. This is an excellent opportunity for recent college graduates, graduate students or those considering a career in planning. Specific requirements include: - A minimum of B.A./B.S. in the social sciences, public policy, urban studies, planning or a related field. - Experience in public outreach and community involvement. - Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication. - English /Spanish bilingual ability and / or fluency in both verbal and written communication is highly desirable. This is a part-time, paid internship based in our Berkeley, CA headquarters. Work schedules will vary week to week, and assignments will be made on an on-call basis. Schedule will consist of afternoons, evenings and Saturdays, and some additional weekday work in our office. The position will start in June 2014 and will run through the end of the year. The salary is hourly and commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer. Please send a resume and brief (1-2 paragraph) statement of interest to: Ellie Fiore, Project Manager

      Firm Name: MIG, Inc.

      Location: Berkeley, CA

      Payment: Paid

      Contact: Ellie Fiore, Project Manager Email: ellief@... Phone: NO CALLS