5911Speaker Panel in Santa Cruz: Harnessing "Big Data" to Expand Transportation Choices

  • Anais Schenk
    May 21 8:57 AM
      Harnessing "Big Data" to Expand Transportation Choices

      CM | 1.5 pending

      June 26th, 6:00 - 8:00 P.M.
      Cruzio, 877 Cedar St. #150, Santa Cruz
      $30 WTS Members / $38 Non-WTS Members / $10 Students

      In the age of mobile technologies and social media, innovative technologies can not only improve our personal lives, but also our transportation options. We are constantly putting information out into the world about our preferences, yet this “big data” has yet to be fully utilized by the transportation sector. Transportation professionals are starting to learn how to unlock the vast potential of big data to better understand travel preferences, patterns and choices. However, big data requires big capacity. As a region, we must ensure that through improvements to our infrastructure and creative partnerships we can meet the challenges of using big data effectively in transportation planning. Join the WTS Monterey Bay Area Group for its first event in the Monterey Bay Area. To register, go to  http://bit.ly/WTS-BigData