5901Paid Interenship at County - for LEED Green Associate / strong writer

  • Boone, Jill
    May 15, 2014

      We have a summer internship for a LEED Green Associate!

      I am looking for a summer intern to work on a small LEED EBOM project, helping to write up plans and document information for different points. This is a great opportunity for someone interested in green building and who has a basic understanding of the LEED process.

      This is a paid internship, full time for the summer. The LEED EBOM project is a joint project of two County departments – Facilities and Fleet (FAF), and Parks and Recreation. The intern will be stationed at 2310 N. First Street with the Sustainability Program in FAF, but will spend some time at the Parks Admin building in Vasona Park. Hours are flexible and less than fulltime is also possible.

      ·         Junior, Senior or grad student in related field – this work must relate to your major, so planning, environmental studies, architecture or engineering are most likely to qualify.

      ·         LEED Green Associate credential and familiarity with LEED process for certifying buildings.

      ·         Excellent writing skills.

      ·         Strong organizational skills.

      ·         Good communication skills.

      ·         A GPA of at least 2.5, prefer a 3.0.

      ·         Must be enrolled in school or have just graduated in May / June.

      If you are interested and meet the above qualifications, please email me at jill.boone@... with the following attachments:

      ·         A cover letter that describes

      o   your major and interests

      o   why this job would be a good fit for you in terms of your career goals

      o   why you would be a valuable member of our project team (your personal strengths)

      o   your experience with LEED, green building and rating systems

      ·         A copy of your current transcript (unofficial is okay) that shows courses taken and GPA

      ·         A resume with contact info

      Please contact me by May 27 with the above information if you are interested. Thanks!

      If you are interested in more info, review the levels and pay on the County internship program (or want to apply for an internship with the County but not this one) please refer to http://www.sccgov.org/sites/esa/employment/StudentInternshipProgram/Pages/sip.aspx  (But if you are interested in the position described here, please follow the directions in this email!)

      Jill Boone

      Sustainability Manager

      Clean and Green Services Manager

      Facilities and Fleet Department