5757Unpaid Internship - City Design Collective, Oakland

  • druss129
    Feb 5, 2014
       City Design Collective
      Location: 363 17th st. #301 Oakland, CA   Google Maps
      Payment: Unpaid
      Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
      Category: Economic Development
      Contact: Tomas Jan
       tomas@...
       510-788-0701

      Work with City Design Collective! We seek an intern to assist with a wide range of urban planning and design project types. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in urban planning, design, real estate development and its role in the planning and revitalization of economically, environmentally, and culturally vibrant and sustainable communities. Current project types in which the intern may participate include: Downtown and Corridor Revitalization Strategies; Form Based Codes; Development Codes; Community Outreach (preparation of outreach strategies and materials); Site Masterplanning; Desired Skills: Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) is essential. Experience and/or strong interest in graphic design, GIS, and the ability to create attractive graphic materials (maps, documents, marketing materials) is strongly desired. Interest in marketing efforts (social media coordination, blogs, updates) and/or experience with web development / coding is desirable but not essential. We offer an excellent opportunity to learn about a full range of urban planning and design practices for a variety of public and private sector clients. We are located in a great office space on the best block in downtown Oakland, only two blocks from the 19th street Bart station. This is not a corporate office. We make an effort to enjoy our days. The music is on. This is an unpaid 3 month long commitment with a possibility to transition to a paid position at the end of the internship. To be considered for the internship please

      (1) Following the link to fill out the online application form and
      (2) email your resume with a few select work samples to tomas[at]citydesigncollective[dot]com
      Thank you,