5697Call for Student Participation in the 2014 Let’s G et Moving Silicon Valley Summit!
- Dec 17, 2013TransForm invites students of Santa Clara and San Mateo County colleges and universities to join the conversation on how to create a more just, sustainable, and healthy Bay Area with world-class transportation options at our second annual Silicon Valley Transportation Choices & Healthy Communities Summit on Saturday February 22, 2014 in Palo Alto. There are several opportunities for students to participate in the 2014 Summit:
- Register for the Summit: Make sure to take advantage of the $10 registration fee before January 31st and ensure your space at the Summit! Click here to register today!
- Volunteer: Summit organizers will have many needs on the day of the event, including helping with registration and documenting the event. Volunteers that volunteer for two hours or more get in for free! Email clepe@... to learn how you can get plugged in!
- Submit a session proposal: Do you have any interesting and engaging session ideas related to any of the Summit tracks? Propose a session by January 1st.
- Submit a poster proposal: Do you have research that you would like to share with a diverse audience ranging from elected officials, community leaders, and non-profit and agency staff? Submit a proposal for our first student poster session by January 10th. See below for the call for poster proposals.
WHEN: Saturday, February 22, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
WHERE: Avenidas Senior Center, 450 Bryant St. Palo Alto, CA 94301
- Help build a movement to transform transportation and create healthier, more equitable, vibrant and sustainable communities for all people in the Silicon Valley.
- Find out about upcoming issues, plans, and projects in Silicon Valley and how to get involved and make a difference.
- Connect with advocates, community leaders, public officials, students, and practitioners from across the region.
COST: Just $10 through January 31. Scholarships also available for volunteers or those who cannot afford the registration fee.
The 2013 Summit brought together over 200 local activists for a dozen engaging workshops and trainings. Check out videos, photos and materials from the first Summit here.
For more information, contact TransForm’s Community Planner, Chris Lepe, at clepe@... or 408-406-8074.
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: UNDERGRADUATE AND MASTERS’ POSTER SESSION ON TRANSPORTATION AND URBAN PLANNING
TransForm, a non-profit organization working to create world-class public transportation options and walkable communities in the Bay Area and beyond, will be holding its second annual Let’s Get Moving, Silicon Valley Transportation Choices and Healthy Communities Summit at the Avenidas Center in downtown Palo Alto on February 22, 2014.
For the first time, Summit organizers plan to include a public session of posters that present original research by undergraduate and masters degree program students. This session will be a unique opportunity for students at the bachelors and masters level to present their work in a forum attended by over two hundred community members of the San Mateo and Santa Clara Counties, including elected officials, staff of non-profit organizations and government agencies, and neighborhood and business leaders.
Students interested in participating should submit to TransForm’s Senior Community Planner, Chris Lepe, at clepe@... by January 10, 2014, a single document containing the following:
- A one-page abstract summarizing your research, including the title, central research question(s), a brief statement of significance, sources consulted, and major conclusions. (Works in progress, such as Bachelors or Masters theses, are also encouraged.)
- A one-page resume or curriculum vitae, including (at a minimum) your contact information, university, major or concentration, expected degree, and expected date of graduation.
Presenters are expected to provide their own poster of up to 36” x 42”. TransForm will provide foam core backing boards, easels, and clips. For tips on designing and creating a poster, see http://www.aspb.org/education/poster.cfm.
Questions can be addressed to Chris Lepe, at clepe@... or 408-406-8074.
This year’s Let’s Get Moving Summit wouldn’t be possible without the support of over twenty non-profit organizations and government agencies. For further information about the Let’s Get Moving Summit, including our current list of co-sponsors, please visit http://transformca.org/SiliconValleySummit2014.--
Support our TransForm 2018 campaign today and help us reach our goal of $50,000 by December 31 for a better, more connected Bay Area and California!Chris Lepe, Senior Community Planner, Silicon ValleyTransForm
48 South 7th Street, Suite #103, San Jose, CA 95112
Sign up for our emails at www.TransFormCA.org.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin, too.