5674FT Job, Assistant Environmental Planner, Denise Duffy & Associates
- Nov 27, 2013
Denise Duffy & Associates, Inc.
has an immediate opening for an
Assistant Environmental Planner
Job Description: Denise Duffy & Associates (DD&A) is seeking an Assistant Environmental Planner for our Monterey Office. This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of CEQA and NEPA documents including initial studies, negative declarations and EIRs. Responsibilities include: research, data collection, and analysis; permit/entitlement applications; building and maintaining close working relationships with clients; editing and quality assurance review of documents. Our clients include state, county, and municipal agencies as well as private industry.
This is a full-time, salaried opportunity. Compensation is DOQ and very competitive, including benefits. A background check is required for this position.
- Bachelor degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Policy and/or Land Planning or related field (Masters preferred)
- Proficiency in environmental document preparation (CEQA/NEPA)
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in environmental planning or related field
- Knowledge of California and federal environmental law and resource protection principles
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe software
- Able to multi-task, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Graphics/GIS experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume, including a cover letter, to info@.... Please include a discussion of recent CEQA experience that highlights your understanding of CEQA in your cover letter. Please also include a list of references.
Visit our web site at www.ddaplanning.com for more information on our projects and services